PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Don't touch the exhaust of a Brigg's and Stratton Rodatiller

E34 530
04-28-2006, 02:44 PM
after its been running for a few minutes... I had to get a few roots stuck from the blades and I accidently picked it up from the metal exhaust outlet that looked like a damn handle. If you look to the top of the Hawaiin islands, you can actually see the Brigg's and Straton logo burned into my hand ;) .

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2006_0428Image0003.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2006_0428Image0006.jpg

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Oahu

BillionPa
04-28-2006, 03:05 PM
spray paint it with "dont touch me im fricken hot god dammit!" red high temp paint. O_o

calmloki
04-28-2006, 03:15 PM
the fun part is when your skin slides on the hot surface - like when picking up the part you just welded with your thumb and forefinger pads. Not s'posed to pick up hot stuff with the thin skinned tender palm areas - that can hurt.

Rigmaster
04-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Damn man, at least next time make it a cool dragon thing like David Carradine did on "Kung Fu" !!!! :)

Bret.

632 Regal
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I need to borrow a tiller for my garden, I promise not to pick it up on the soft hotmetal!

That sucks, soak a small towel to cover the spot with caster oil and cover it with plactic for 2 days (night only)....magic stuff look it up.

snavemit
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Did the same thing on a gasoline air compressor at a work site. Dont remember the name of it, but you could read it when I held my hand up to the mirror.

winfred
04-28-2006, 06:12 PM
you haven't been burned till you have had melted fingernails, good times good times

sKilled
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
To quote Jeff Foxworthy - "Here's your sign!"

dternst
04-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I betcha won't do that again...

ajt3nc
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
If you reach down to change the oil filter on an m20 with your left arm after running around the block you can do a little bit better of a burn on your forearm.
Wrenches are for wimps, or scarless people.

Rob
04-29-2006, 12:50 AM
If you reach down to change the oil filter on an m20 with your left arm after running around the block you can do a little bit better of a burn on your forearm.
Wrenches are for wimps, or scarless people.

Well I'm doing an oil change and oil filter change today, thanks for the tip! :D

winfred
04-29-2006, 11:33 AM
bill engvall

To quote Jeff Foxworthy - "Here's your sign!"

genphreak
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Damn. How did a Brand Manager come up with that red hot branding idea?

Those pressed logos will still be making impressions years+years after they made the product! (You'll never forget the B&S brand now).

Seriously, why would the manufacturer (not the engine maker) not think to put a heat shield or a guard arrangement around it??

Seems like a horrible thing to happen dude. Jeff's castor oil bandage sounds like a goer though... :) Nick

SRR2
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
What's worse is it's gonna hurt even more over the next month or so. Only difference is that in my case it was a snowblower muffler. I was so pissed at that damn thing that I bought a new one two days later.

genphreak
04-29-2006, 02:18 PM
What's worse is it's gonna hurt even more over the next month or so. Only difference is that in my case it was a snowblower muffler. I was so pissed at that damn thing that I bought a new one two days later.Ouch!

HOw is it? Have they started pressing the logos in mirrored reverse on the new ones? :D

SRR2
04-29-2006, 03:37 PM
It healed with a nice red scar. It wasn't as big as our rototilling friend's, and it hurt like hell. Do you Aussies even know what a snowblower is? 8-)

I can't imagine what it must be like for serious burn victims. By comparison, what I had was relatively small, and, well, it hurt like hell for over a month. If you have burns over large parts of your body ...... well, I don't know if I'd have the fortitude to deal with that kind of injury.

The stupid snowblower had been acting up for the last couple of seasons. it would run for 45 minutes and then decide that it was tired. It had oil and gas, and everything else that should keep it running, it just decided to be ornery. Damn Tecumseh engine. The new one is a real ballbuster. 12hp, 24" variable speed transmission for the impeller. I hate snow. Some seasons we get very little, some we get 200 inches. You never know. I hate snow.

kyleN20
04-29-2006, 03:45 PM
my friend just did the on out 36in exmark exhaust, way worse, because a exmark exhaust is like a upright cylinder palm size, haha it was horrible, his whole hand, hes just getting back to work, happened last week

632 Regal
04-29-2006, 05:46 PM
the castor oil is proven by me, did tons of research for my son. Me and my s_ut do the castor oil pack regularly (google castor oil pack), rids the body of toxins so that I can abuse it and live longer (?). Works on all sorts of ****ups that the med industry treats with drugs and chemicals.

where does anyone see the B&S logo on his hand anyways?

Damn. How did a Brand Manager come up with that red hot branding idea?

Those pressed logos will still be making impressions years+years after they made the product! (You'll never forget the B&S brand now).

Seriously, why would the manufacturer (not the engine maker) not think to put a heat shield or a guard arrangement around it??

Seems like a horrible thing to happen dude. Jeff's castor oil bandage sounds like a goer though... :) Nick

genphreak
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Do you Aussies even know what a snowblower is? 8-) ... I hate snow. Heh, we do it with leaves and dust instead. Dust is real good for the lungs, much better than snow.... we get snow in our southern alpine areas in Winter from weather systems blowing up from Antarctica. It is relatively low, 2000m only, so are hills in comparison to anything other than a (nother) 'flat island'. Great natural diversity though; heaps of extraordinary creatures live there, they are covered by two types of specailly adapted alpine gum trees. Not for long though, we're taking it all out as fast as we can down here- pretty much mining the whole country in order to buy new BMWs and Porsches from the best I can tell...

ajt3nc
04-29-2006, 09:35 PM
We ( read wife ) invited all the family and friends over. Because we live oceanside shrimp is constantly on the menu and I fired up this monster deep frier/pain machine on the deck. My 6 year old decided the mastiff needed to get cranked up and she headbutted my elbow and I deep-fried my left hand.
The only thought was to get to the sink but you have to maintain a guy standard. Everyone wanted to inject their wine induced wisdom without clearing a path to the cooling water.
Amazingly enough I wound up being a rude ******* because I did not let everyone inspect my burns.
I hope I have this Christmas to myself.

Zeuk in Oz
04-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Do you Aussies even know what a snowblower is?

I call it snow - mowing ! :D