PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment

BennyM
03-24-2004, 05:12 PM
I've called around and found prices anywhere from $120-$160. The $160 is of course the dealer, which people say has the best equipment. Is it worth the extra $40? Also, do these prices seem about right or a little high? Thanks.

BennyM

scott540
03-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Benny, I just paid $60. It was at a tire store with a hunter machine. They even let me watch which if I were them I would've charged more :) . That's not Minneapolis though.

Russell
03-24-2004, 06:58 PM
The tire store's normal price is $35.00. Since I had had them do a front end alignment in the last six months they charged me less when I purchased new new tires from them. This is front only. They used Hunter equipment and took their time. Dealer wantedr $110.00 to check all four wheels. This is in Lexington, KY.

I've called around and found prices anywhere from $120-$160. The $160 is of course the dealer, which people say has the best equipment. Is it worth the extra $40? Also, do these prices seem about right or a little high? Thanks.

BennyM

BennyM
03-24-2004, 08:37 PM
yeah, believe it or not, Leighton's Garage was the cheapest price I found. Don't know if you ever went there, but it's not the cheapest indy in the TwinCities. I sure would prefer to pay $60 instead though.

scott540
03-24-2004, 09:55 PM
They make both types of machines. The alignment was pretty cool to watch. They type in the make, model and wheel size into the computer and it takes all kind of digital kind of pictures or images and then tells the tech what to do. It was a Goodyear place. I never went to Leightons when I was in Mpls. I always went to Orr Auto in St. Lous Park. They only work on BMWs. I went to Sears in Wayzata once. NEver went back. Orr is pretty involved in the car club too. I don't remember seeing any alignment equipment there though. It was the kind of place that the mechanics made you come into the shop when they were done or while they were working to show you what they were doing because they seemed so excited about it.

BennyM
03-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Orr is my preference, but they don't have alignment equipment. I only went to Sears once as well. For sure, never again.

Ken from Guam
03-25-2004, 04:33 AM
nt

The tire store's normal price is $35.00. Since I had had them do a front end alignment in the last six months they charged me less when I purchased new new tires from them. This is front only. They used Hunter equipment and took their time. Dealer wantedr $110.00 to check all four wheels. This is in Lexington, KY.

Joestancampiano
03-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Considering that the only adjustment you can do is front toe in, they are all to expensive!

Joe

632 Regal
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Considering that the only adjustment you can do is front toe in, they are all to expensive!

Joe

JonE
03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
I am also in Mpls., much work done at Orr's, and German Autoworks. I have had to get parts from Sears BMW on occasion and have found the mechanics very open, informative and approachable. A bit expensive to consider with repairs, though. Let us know how the alignment goes, I am curious.

BennyM
03-25-2004, 06:35 PM
TiresPlus guy said it cost more 'cause car had to be under load. I offered to sit in it while they adjusted.