PDA

View Full Version : How do i disconnect the locking linkage???? Driver front door

Lee in Ottawa
04-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, i've this problem for a long time were the driver front door wouldn't completely unlock and i would have to reach around and unlock it from the back. I finally got around to taking the door panel off and realized that the bracket that holds on the actuator was broken. So now i'm trying to get it out inorder to replce it, this requires pulling out the whole door locking assembly. Now i've done everything in the bentley except disconnect the locking linkage. I have no idead how to do it or what to look for. Any help?

dmenheere
04-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Need to unbolt the window track and remove it before the locking unit will come out. You need to pull the window track felt out from the bottom to reveal the torx bolt that holds the track in place. Once the bolt is out simply pull down on the track to remove it. The locking unit is held in by 3 torx bolts, 2 on the inside where the door panel would be and one hidden behind the door seal above the door latch.

hth,

Dave

PS: check the Bentley if you have one

ThoreauHD
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
http://www.bmw4life.com/doorLockActuator.htm

Alexlind123
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Need to unbolt the window track and remove it before the locking unit will come out. You need to pull the window track felt out from the bottom to reveal the torx bolt that holds the track in place. Once the bolt is out simply pull down on the track to remove it. The locking unit is held in by 3 torx bolts, 2 on the inside where the door panel would be and one hidden behind the door seal above the door latch.

hth,

Dave

PS: check the Bentley if you have one

And if you dont have one, get one.

Lee in Ottawa
04-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Thanks guys, while waiting for a reply i went out there for one last battle and figured it out. Don't think anybody has ever had this problem from what i saw on the search. If anybody is curious the bracket is white metal and can't be welded so best bet is a new assembly ($150 from wrecker) or what i did which was cut some metal and conform it too the bend in the bracket and screw it together.