PDA

View Full Version : Well that showed them!

Rob
04-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Howzit Guys,

As most of you know I've recently got my Bmw fixed. :D It had a ****ed fuel pump, now she's running beautifully.

Well over the last couple of months, my family and my girlfriend's family have been on at me about my car, how high petrol costs are for that car, my girl's family saying BMW are crap and just overheat all the time and are only good for storing in the garage and never coming out. I've been taking a lot of slack from them. But I have proved some of them wrong this morning. :D

This morning we all get ready to go to work, my brother, step mom, gran, sister ect ect. So we get in my Dad's Toyota Tazz. Start the car, reverse 1 meter, it cuts out and just doesn't want to start again. We had to push it back into it's parking space. So we decided to take my step mom's Opel 1.3L car. No can do that has no fuel left.

So it was my Bmw 525i with petrol who had to take people to work this morning! She drove beautifuly and had it's power back. No problems at all. Even started first time!

Now that made my day, they can all shut up about my lovely car!

genphreak
04-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Hahaha... and the nay-sayers have their come-upping! Good one Rob, you know now you have the Bently you (and your Bimmer) are invincible...
so long as you have a little budget of course. I guess a good way to get parts in SA is to buy another car and store it/part it. Maybe you could pay someone to strip and catalogue it for you if you wanted to avoid the work. Best of luck mate. :) nick

Rob
04-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Thanks pal,

I'm doing an oil change tomorrow or the weekend, depends on when I can get hold on an oil filter. Man I just love that car. It really surprised me last night. Was driving along and decided to see what that button under the gas accelerator pedal does. So I push it flat and hit the button, two seconds later the car kicks and speeds up a lot fast and sounds really nice. Dam I was smilling like a big fat kid who has just finished his chocolate cake! :D

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped me getting her back on the road, I really appericate it!