PDA

View Full Version : OT - Job Satisfaction Poll

DaCan23
04-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Ok so I am reallllly realllly fed up w/ my current situation. Just curious what our little society thinks of what they do.

Here's my deal; Cant stand the people I work with, mastered the job a long time ago and its now boring and frustrating because I deal with a lot of idiots (major one being my incompetent coworker, they pay is better than average, and I have been real lazy about finding something else. Friend has a couple things in line for me, but not till the fall'ish. I've been here almost 7 years and this is my 4th different position, and theres no where I'd wanna switch to.

632 Regal
04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
I have been doing printing since the 80s, mastered that a while back. Started earning 60k and dwindled to last years total of 6800.00, frustrated? yes, seems I just cant get it jamming again. I wish I had co-worker probs and got paid.

Antrieb
04-25-2006, 07:42 AM
college, does that count?

Dr. evil
04-25-2006, 07:47 AM
quit your bitchen

DaveVoorhis
04-25-2006, 07:48 AM
College counts. I'm in college too, but I don't get to graduate like you lucky sods because I'm one of the teachers.

DaCan23
04-25-2006, 07:49 AM
College aint really work... even with a PT job... I'd give anything to be 20/21 again in college.... I worked on avg 20-60 hrs all my years in college and even though 2 years was in co-ops (semi-real jobs) its still not work LOL

college, does that count?

Qube
04-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Getting paid to surf these forums everyday isn't too bad.

DaCan23
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Ya I dont know how I'd deal if they had net blockage.... especially AIM & stuff....

Getting paid to surf these forums everyday isn't too bad.

DaCan23
04-25-2006, 07:57 AM
While self employed can have its ups and downs, at least your efforts go towards your interests and when things go well via hard work the rewards go to you.

I'm sure things will turn around for ya.

I have been doing printing since the 80s, mastered that a while back. Started earning 60k and dwindled to last years total of 6800.00, frustrated? yes, seems I just cant get it jamming again. I wish I had co-worker probs and got paid.

ElSupremo
04-25-2006, 09:28 AM
'I Love My Job' might be overstating it a bit for me, but it's the closest the poll had.
My job is enjoyable, and I work with a great bunch of guys. The pay is terrific and I get full benefits plus 401k and pension.
Would there be other things I'd like to do? Sure. But this one isn't bad, and it would be hard for me to earn what I do with just my high school education.

scott540
04-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I like what I do for the most part and the money meets my needs (not wants). I just hate where I work, company and most of the people. I'm seriously looking to get out and hope to be doing the same job for another company but working from home instead.

SchnellE34
04-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Mastered my position? Yes, I have. Also have the same problem with my co-workers. I just don't consider them my colleagues. Sometimes I am convinced they would make more money in a circus.

Zeuk in Oz
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I am a self employed vet but I still love my job ! :) Even after 25 years ! Every day is different and offers new challenges.

Interestingly I had lots of jobs while in high school and at Uni and I loved them all - loaded aircraft at Sydney's domestic terminal, was a security guard in Stockholm for 6 months, drove doctors around at night, pumped petrol, erected garden sheds, installed a computer stock inventory system into a mining pump company..... enjoyed each one in its own way though driving doctors around at night who were basically drug pushers tested my ethical resolve. There must be something seriously wrong with me ! :D

Workaholic ? Who me ? ;)

Felixdacat
04-25-2006, 02:56 PM
My job is awesome. I'm a Service Manager for an espresso and cappuccino co. here in Maryland.

Robin-535im
04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Jeff, maybe you spend too much time on the internet? ;)

Back to the poll though - I own part of a start up company, and while the pay is spotty at best, it's easily the most rewarding career I've ever had. Cash is king though, and you can only go so long without it.

Kristuphir
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
College aint really work... even with a PT job... I'd give anything to be 20/21 again in college.... I worked on avg 20-60 hrs all my years in college and even though 2 years was in co-ops (semi-real jobs) its still not work LOL

Man. I worked HARD in college, at least senior year. Seems to me I haven't pulled any all-nighters on worky stuff since then...

My job's all right. I certainly make a lot more money than back in those days, I have decent benefits, and the structure of my employment makes it difficult to even get permission to work overtime :). In at 9, out at 5:30, them's the rules. There's a lot of corporate BS, but the people I work with are reasonable and they keep paying me to come here.

DaCan23
04-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Wow more completely satisfied people than I expected....

I am a very observant person and theres not many people I see that seem to be happy, but then again I work in a major city and thats prolly most of the reason, cause commuting sucks and in large cities large companies tend to piss on most people....

mattyb
04-26-2006, 04:16 AM
love it to bits. work my own hours, have heaps of fun, get paid on time and very rarely have any sympathy for those who are unhappy about their job. Cause its like the car u drive, you wanted it so u did somethinmg about it. jobs ,women, money,cars all the same. if you want something bad enough you make it happen. You need to sit down and write a list of all the things u want, all the things ur good at and all the things that piss u off. work out what profession or jobs fall into the catagories you have defined, work out how to get into that arena and go and kick some ASS!!!!!!!!!