PDA

View Full Version : engine oil low

xuor
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
hi,
when I came back from a ride this evening(535 e34), I turned off the engine and a message appears under the speedo that said 'engine oil low'. Do you think that I can drive 1km to a garage to buy some oil? or I need to take the bike and by some oil? And how much oil do I need to put in? Can it be too much oil in the motor?

thank you

mamilapon
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
hi,
when I came back from a ride this evening(535 e34), I turned off the engine and a message appears under the speedo that said 'engine oil low'. Do you think that I can drive 1km to a garage to buy some oil? or I need to take the bike and by some oil? And how much oil do I need to put in? Can it be too much oil in the motor?

thank you
First off, wait till tomorrow morning to check oil level on dipstick. If its normal, you've got a oil level sensor problem. If its really low, grab your bike, get some oil and a filter and do an oil change.

632 Regal
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
on my car the oil low warning is just above the add oil mark, your safe to go anywhere you want as long as you check and confirm the level. I dont know how much oil your pan holds but mine holds 8 qts and the dinger goes off at 7 qts which is PLENTY of oil for a short cruise. Sometimes they do get sticky and an fresh oil change frees them up. You running synthetic oil?