PDA

View Full Version : BavAuto Vs. Eibach Spring kit

ThoreauHD
04-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello,

I have a Feb/1994 530i V8 non-selfleveling suspension. I currently have worn spring/shocks in the rear. And relatively the same in the front. The ride is squishy and it feels like it's bottoming out at rare times. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Bavarian Auto's spring kit. I am comparing:

Bavarian Autosport Performance Springs - Set of 4

with

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - Set of 4

I am looking for a comfortable ride rather than a stiff sport ride. I have no experience with the hazards of lowering. Should I also get the front and rear Bavarian Autosport Shock Installation Kit, like so:

"While changing shocks, you may want to replace some common wear parts at the same time. Our shock installation kits include, upper and lower spring pads, shaft protection tubes, and compression absorbers to ensure that you have all the parts you need to complete your project. Complete kit has parts to install both the left and right front shocks. Upper strut bearings sold separately)"

I would simply replace the OEM springs, but it will effectively double the price.. Ugh. 110 bucks for a spring OEM. Bastards. Somebody there must work for the pentagon. Anyhow, any hazards or insight that you might have I would much appreciate it. And if I should just bite the bullet and get the OEM springs, that's fine too. I don't really like being closer to the ground anyhow. I'm tall. And I like to go over bumps rather than through them.

Also, I am purchasing 4 Sachs shocks along with the springs. Thank you for your advice.

632 Regal
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
avoid the Bav Auto springs like the plague, especially with the V8 it will ride solid on the bumpstops and you will end up getting other springs. The Eibach are good springs, theres also the sachs kit. Compare pricing from BMAparts.com, BavAuto tends to cater to the "rich" community.

Jzza4
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
From what I've read on the board, the BavAuto springs aren't great. I'm having the Sachs suspension kit (BavAuto $611.00, comes with black Eibach spings) installed as I type, pick it up tomorrow!

mholbrook
04-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Bav Autos are the worst. I had a 530 with BavAuto springs. Terrible. I had Sachs kit and it was great. Sachs kit are basically Eibach springs special for Sachs. If the choice is BavAuto or Eibach ProKit, get the Eibach, no question. Also I highly recommend Koni Sport adjustable with any springs. No comparison and in the long run, you will be a LOT happier.

ThoreauHD
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Do you guys have a link to this Sachs kit? I seem to be getting pointed towards the seperate sachs shocks. Also, do i need bump stop replacements or the like ?

632 Regal
04-24-2006, 03:58 PM
shorter bumpstops come with the kit, you might want to purchase the spring pads if they dont come with it, get the 9mm ones or it will drop too much.

Do you guys have a link to this Sachs kit? I seem to be getting pointed towards the seperate sachs shocks. Also, do i need bump stop replacements or the like ?

Felixdacat
04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree with Regal 100%. I have the Bav's, and Bilstein sports on my 89 535i, and they SUCK. Granted I only paid a little over $100. Soon changing. Not sure to what yet.

liquidtiger720
04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Sachs kit ftw.

shanek
04-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Here is a really good link.
http://www.bmw4life.com/shocksSpringsGuide.htm

ThoreauHD
04-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Cool, thanks.