PDA

View Full Version : rear Bilstein sport shocks questions..

Ken from Guam
03-24-2004, 06:58 AM
my rear Bilstein Sports shocks arrived today installation will be this weekend along with the bushings(lower/upper control arm) and all 4 brakepads, any special instructions i need to follow to install the shocks? thanks to Jeff N and Mr. Bill R. for all the help and advice you guys gave me.

wish me luck guys, thanks

Unregistered
03-24-2004, 11:25 AM
my rear Bilstein Sports shocks arrived today installation will be this weekend along with the bushings(lower/upper control arm) and all 4 brakepads, any special instructions i need to follow to install the shocks? thanks to Jeff N and Mr. Bill R. for all the help and advice you guys gave me.

wish me luck guys, thanks

heheh iam doing the same, plus 4 rotors.

kngpen
03-24-2004, 11:28 AM
oops didnt log in ^^^^.

I dont know if I`am going do it this weekend or next. I plan on installing front and rear bilstein shocks, h&r springs, pads, rotors, and front thrust arms. Ill take any advise given as well because I will most likely need it :x.

JR'Z 525
03-25-2004, 07:01 AM
I installed Bilstein Sports and BA springs 2 weeks ago and have really enjoyed the improved handling. Much less body roll compared to stock setup. I cut the top third of the rear bump stop off. The fronts have an internal bump stop. The only other thing is, initially the car felt really stiff then after a few days/100 miles or so, the struts seemed to soften up a bit and the overall ride quality settled down. Good luck!
JR

525ihelm
04-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Just replace rear bilstiens on warranty from CA. This was after four years. I really enjoyed having the Bav Auto kit with new stops and spring seats etc. You may want to do the strut mount too while your there!
Warranty was a hassel but it worked out though not for free!
good luck
Helm