PDA

View Full Version : Rough acceleration..

mrjynxx
04-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone! :D Im new here, just bought myself an E34 530 V8.. I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice..

Basically, once the engine is warmed up, if I plant my foot to the floor then the car does not accelerate smoothly, it hesitates up the rev range.. What's strange is that after accelerating roughly like this a couple of times, the hesitation then vanishes and it accelerates smoothly. Does anyone have any ideas what might be up? Any help much appreciated.. :)

winfred
04-24-2006, 03:56 AM
id check out the spark plugs first, they may be worn out or submerged by oil from a leaking valve cover gasket, the correct plug is ether a bkr6ek ngk plug or f7ldcr bosch plug

mrjynxx
04-24-2006, 04:24 AM
id check out the spark plugs first, they may be worn out or submerged by oil from a leaking valve cover gasket, the correct plug is ether a bkr6ek ngk plug or f7ldcr bosch plug

Cheers for that.. I should have mentioned that I've already done the sparks, air filter and oil, sparks didnt make any difference (the valve cover gaskets need doing though, it was quite oily in there).

632 Regal
04-24-2006, 04:44 AM
what plugs you use?

mrjynxx
04-24-2006, 04:51 AM
NGK BKR6EK's.. Nothing special but they should do the job..

joshua43214
04-24-2006, 05:55 AM
Cheers for that.. I should have mentioned that I've already done the sparks, air filter and oil, sparks didnt make any difference (the valve cover gaskets need doing though, it was quite oily in there).

Well, there is you answer. replace the VC gasket. Spray the boots liberaly with silicone spray, let it soak in, and cross your fingers. or just get new boots, they are a bit pricey when you multiply x8.

Jon K
04-24-2006, 05:58 AM
The oil will also kill coil packs... so, you may be in for those soon too.

mrjynxx
04-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Fair play, cheers for that. Those gaskets were next on the list to sort out (hopefully I can get it done on the warranty I got with the motor). Fingers crossed that'll sort things out..

BillionPa
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM
fuel injector cleaner!

Not saying thats the problem, but i ran 5 tanks of the stuff when i got my car and now it actually purrs when i accelerate.

i used jectron, but now i do maintainence doses of techron and acetone.

ThoreauHD
04-24-2006, 11:32 PM
intake manifold and valve gaskets and pretty much everything rubber was shot to **** on mine. Out with the old, in with the new.

The ignition coils will run you $450. Save that for last.

Make sure you don't have any leaks, vacuum or otherwise first. After the engine is in order, I suggest you install a Jim Conforti ECU chip from turnermotorsport.com. The acceleration and idle smoothness increases substantially.

But you have a bit of work to do before entertaining a chip.

mrjynxx
04-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Cheers for all the advice guys.. I'm running a bottle of injector cleaner through at the moment, hopefully that'll smooth things out a bit.. Chip will be going in further down the line when I've got all the gaskets changed over. Looking forward to that! :D