PDA

View Full Version : Temp Gauge Oddities

hdaemon
03-24-2004, 12:15 AM
I've been getting some strange behavior from the temp gauge on my '90 535i. A couple of times now, while stopped at a light, I have noticed that the temp gauge has dropped from its normal position at the halfway mark almost all the way down to the 1/4 mark. As soon as I take off from the light, or even with just a good blip of the throttle, the needle rises right back up to its normal position, and stays there. I can't manage to force it to do this. It's just happened seemingly randomly a couple times in the past week.

Any ideas?

Unregistered
03-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I've been getting some strange behavior from the temp gauge on my '90 535i. A couple of times now, while stopped at a light, I have noticed that the temp gauge has dropped from its normal position at the halfway mark almost all the way down to the 1/4 mark. As soon as I take off from the light, or even with just a good blip of the throttle, the needle rises right back up to its normal position, and stays there. I can't manage to force it to do this. It's just happened seemingly randomly a couple times in the past week.

Any ideas?disconnect the relay and clean it out. I had the same prob, hope this helps

Paul in NZ
03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
this will clean the contacts...worked for me last time

hdaemon
03-24-2004, 10:10 AM
this will clean the contacts...worked for me last time

Thanks for the advice. I'll clean the contacts up and see if it helps.