PDA

View Full Version : Cough cough bulls**t cough *sniff* sorry

sKilled
04-22-2006, 05:44 AM
but I don't believe that there is "no evidence of any collision damage present on this vehicle". Just take a good look at the front bumper. I hate liars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-BMW-525i-NO-RESERVE-PRE-OWNED_W0QQitemZ4633817925QQcategoryZ6008QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

mikell
04-22-2006, 06:08 AM
You're right - the bumper is a bit askew - and different color corner lights? I'd take a pass, unless the price is very good.

Alexlind123
04-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Maybe someone heavy sat on it :)

Jon K
04-22-2006, 09:02 AM
the bumper is tweaked - but the corner lights are the same. Sometimes with my clears (and maybe different bulbs behind them im not sure at this point) I will catch orange from one and not the other.

ThoreauHD
04-22-2006, 09:26 AM
That car looks like a run down pile. Tires, errors codes, air bag, interior, engine, wheels.. I guess they could part it out if the parts worked.

Marshy
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Look closely at the centre console pic - the dash top is skewed, showing a large gap.

Even my car isn't quite that scruffy!

SchnellE34
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah it's obvious that the car is a pile of ****. How is his feedback 100%? That is the most baffling part...

Someone should do a carfax report just to see if it indeed hasn't been wrecked or had 10 freakin owners...

Speeder 553
04-22-2006, 11:44 AM
That car looks like a run down pile. Tires, errors codes, air bag, interior, engine, wheels.. I guess they could part it out if the parts worked.

Looks like that guy dove it into the ground, never put a dime into it (last oil change was 1996 at Quickie Lub) and now wants to dump his pile of s#*t on someone else. :(

Paul in NZ
04-22-2006, 07:17 PM
when somebody describes a car as preowned it describes it all.

sKilled
04-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah, but then adding "no evidence of any collision damage present on this vehicle" kinda takes the piss a bit doesn't it? Unless one is visually impaired, one would easily spot the bad body job - badly covered spot on the roof, right rear passenger door handle surround, the dash (didn't notice that one till it was pointed out). Buyer beware.

cschollum
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, but then adding "no evidence of any collision damage present on this vehicle" kinda takes the piss a bit doesn't it? Unless one is visually impaired, one would easily spot the bad body job - badly covered spot on the roof, right rear passenger door handle surround, the dash (didn't notice that one till it was pointed out). Buyer beware.

theres nothing in those pictures that would indicate a collision damage, youd have to have a closer look to decide that, just because its scruffy with a few dings or marks, doesnt indicate a collision!

SharkmanBMW
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM
theres nothing in those pictures that would indicate a collision damage, youd have to have a closer look to decide that, just because its scruffy with a few dings or marks, doesnt indicate a collision!

how do you explain the front bumper being cocked up on the side?

genphreak
04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
how do you explain the front bumper being cocked up on the side?Bent front rail. The front cowling is skew whiff to boot. The paint looks like it has been badly attempted as opposed to actually applied professionally. The ad looks well engineered though, to say just the right amount to avoid accountability for the many things that could remain unread between the lines... :) Nick

wingman
04-24-2006, 12:00 AM
A bloke has got an M50 520i on Aussie ebay at the moment. Someone asked him what are parts and servicing like? He says something like "well I haven't actually bought any parts so I don't know and the servicing is the same price as a Holden!!! Since when has GM charged AU$350 to change the f**king oil! I agree, I HATE liers.

azale
04-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Clean carfax, 5 owners. The only owner who did any service to the car (with reported mileage in the records) owned the car for like 4 months and drove it less than 500 miles. Sounds like they bought it and had it repaired 4 times.