PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster Plexiglass cover

rockyfeller
04-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I cracked mine......In 2 places!...I'm a dope...

Anyone selling a spare or maybe even an old non working cluster lying around with intact outer plexiglass??

ArtemLepilov
04-21-2006, 12:21 PM
I got one - let me know if you want it :)

(Was reserved for angry.. but his car is really messed up now anyway)

-Artem

NY535iManual
04-21-2006, 01:29 PM
As an FYI, the PO of my old 320i scratched the lens, but I was able to clean up the scratches (two of which were fairly deep) with an aircraft grade plexi solvent/polish.. Scratches were still there, but they are translucent as opposed to "cloudy" if that makes sense.

632 Regal
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I dont think you can just replace the plastic

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Dis-com-bobbulate the cluster to get to the platsic cover and guage faces.

rockyfeller
04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
yeah it's supposed to be 1 piece....I wasn't careful enough when prying it off to put on gauge rings....After the fact I realized how I should have done it....(Duh!!) But I'm left with 2 small cracks...Not that noticable but I'm still bothered

Speeder 553
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah it's supposed to be 1 piece....I wasn't careful enough when prying it off to put on gauge rings....After the fact I realized how I should have done it....(Duh!!) But I'm left with 2 small cracks...Not that noticable but I'm still bothered

Rock,

Got any photos of those gauge rings? Love to see what they look like. How much were they and where did you get them?

theurig
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
I cracked mine......In 2 places!...I'm a dope...

Anyone selling a spare or maybe even an old non working cluster lying around with intact outer plexiglass??

I don't have one, but I know a yard that has about 20 E34's, I know I can pull one out of there, I know the guy, I'll see if I can get one for real cheap from him.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
a boat load of ricer, simulated, genuine, blue balled, PayPal paying, BMW defiling, douche bag bling.

rockyfeller
04-22-2006, 02:36 AM
yada, yada, yada....no problem Bob keep your car stock. See if anyone notices anything except how boring your bone stock car is.

Well for those who want the updated look they defintely are an improvement. How do I know they look good? Maybe because newer BMWs have had em for awhile and future ones will too. And they aren't crap. They are high quality imported from Germany made for the E34. I'll shot the pics soon and you guys decide. I made my decision after seeing a pic of how they look on INC's car. Yeah they were from Ebay (kill me for shopping smart) and they were $32.