PDA

View Full Version : Heater blower bulkhead splash shield '89 525

Gene in NC
04-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Heater blower bulkhead splash shield '89 525 lower left screw a PITA to access. What's the trick?

What's the flap cover/rod in front of blower and what to do with it? Opens flaps to control air inlet as speed of blower increases. Not mentioned in Bentley.
Not on '87 325is. Is this another appendix like function like the EKM?

How in the world did my '68 2002 ever operate w/o all these "refinements"? Must have too many electrical engineers at BMW w/o wnough work to go around.

rbeaud
04-21-2006, 06:59 AM
I had to remove my panel 2-3 times thinking the blower was bad. The first time, I tried in vain to access the screw. Finally I pulled firmly and the plastic insert pulled right thru the firewall. And it snugged back into place when re-installing the shield.

Cheers,

Roland

Heater blower bulkhead splash shield '89 525 lower left screw a PITA to access. What's the trick?

What's the flap cover/rod in front of blower and what to do with it? Opens flaps to control air inlet as speed of blower increases. Not mentioned in Bentley.
Not on '87 325is. Is this another appendix like function like the EKM?

How in the world did my '68 2002 ever operate w/o all these "refinements"? Must have too many electrical engineers at BMW w/o wnough work to go around.