PDA

View Full Version : 1993 BMW 325i Racing Dynamics Edition: Buy or No buy?

BlazerLT
04-20-2006, 05:30 PM
They Want US$7200

Near Mint Condition
Emerald Green with M3 Wheels and tires
Loaded
Goes like a raped ape
130500 miles

Problems noted.

Rear brake squealing, could be rust from sitting.
Front end is a little loose for a sports edition, maybe I am just used to front wheel drive.

The thing is, it is the Racing Dynamics edition which from what I heard is an aftermarket edition.

How do I know it is legit? How do I check that it isn't just a badge pasted on the back.

Sweet car though, friggin gorgeous.

Help me make the right decision.

kyleN20
04-20-2006, 05:55 PM
for a good condition e36 325is you would pay that, so weather its a rd car or not its probally a good buy, and if it is, great

BlazerLT
04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
How can you tell for sure it is though?

Just don't want a sticker installed on the trunk and get taken.

kyleN20
04-21-2006, 03:32 AM
i have no idea, as im more a 5 series guy, and my knowlage is limited when it comes to that also. all i know is that when looking around, you find a real nice 325is for 6 or 7, but im sure that RD kit is a selling point for you. i wouls resomend yuo ask the same question at bimmerforums.com theres alot of e36 guys over there, this is prdominatly a e34 forum, hope i could help

kyle

pmlmotorsports
04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
call rd sport in laguna California and ask for Federico Pavoncelli. He is the owner of Racing Dynamics and can tell you based on the VIN if its an RD car or not. I highly doubt it is a full-blown RD car complete w/engine, but stranger things have happened. HTH

PETER

How can you tell for sure it is though?

Just don't want a sticker installed on the trunk and get taken.

BlazerLT
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I went to the place again and took another look at it.

We think it is chipped or something, even the dealer thinks that it has way to much power for just a standard 2.5L.

Found some things that it needs:

A/C is not blowing cold
Blower resistor pack is gone, only blows on the 4th setting, and the OBC display is corrupted.

He said he would drop the price to US$7000 but he won't fix anything it needs and I would have to do it myself.

I think for the premium price he should fix everything.

Oh, and I guess part of the Racing Dynamics that has been done to it is the lowering and the upgraded suspension for sure.

The paint is not original either. It was partially repainted whne the body kit was put on.