PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Update for the General UHP tires...

Qube
04-20-2006, 07:19 AM
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/general/ge_exclaim_uhp_ci2_l.jpg

After over 1000 KMs, I can safely say they're broken in. At this point, my new rotors and pads have been broken in as well ;)

Absolutely nothing bad to say about these tires other than the fact they have the General website on the sidewall. Wet traction is superb. Dry is excellent. I have only been able to squeal the tires once doing a corner at .87Gs (re: G-Tech measurement) and even then it barely broke traction.

Today I had an emergency brake scenario and stopped on a DIME literally... without any protest from the tires. I don't know if I should praise the tires or the brakes... but I know for a fact that my 'almost new' older rotors were warped... vibrated braking at 50.

The only bad thing isn't the tires... it's the brakes. They squeal every once in a while at low speeds heh.

DaCan23
04-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I think I'm gonna get these too in a few weeks.... main reason is price... since I have to get new rims because I dont feel like dropping $$ on unbending my current rims, will go with ASA or AT Itialia throwin star reps package from Tirerack.

I read all the reviews and they sound great, I'm sure once they really become popular the price will increase.

Kristuphir
04-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Huh, I just ordered a set of these last night. Funny. They're getting pretty much phenomenal reviews on Tire Rack. I've tried some much more expensive tires in the past and not been overly impressed, so hopefully I'll like these as much as everyone else seems to. For the price I'm not expecting the be-all and end-all of E34 tire options, but we'll see how they turn out...

JD525IA
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
per tire?

Kristuphir
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
$76 for 235/45/17s...

onewhippedpuppy
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
That's one hell of a deal. I love my Avons, but I feel like a sucker now. They're cheap at $100 each, but damn, $76!

Qube
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah, not bad at all. The tread pattern is pretty nice too... good enough to show off ;)