PDA

View Full Version : AC Delco Silicone Emulsion??

Russell
04-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Anyone heard of this as a replacement for BMW Gummi-pflege? It is designed to restore/maintain door gaskets. It is a clear/whitish paste like substance in a white 5 oz. bottle with a red brush top. about $5.00. Corvette and Z3/Z4 people seem to like it a lot

Wipe it on, let it soak, then wipe excess. Looking for an on-line source. my local GM dealer says not a GM part. Go figure?
Part # is 1#10953014

Jon K
04-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Hm

May give it a try.

joshua43214
04-20-2006, 04:10 AM
I used to work with a GM guru, he swore by the stuff. But then he swore by GM cars too. Needless to say we argued alot. Stuff seemed fine, better than silicone spray for sure.

Bill R.
04-20-2006, 06:47 AM
12345579 and thats a very small tube of the silicone grease that gm uses on weatherstrip and rubber seals. The part number you list is actually 10953014 which is the canadian gm equivalent. I don't think you can get it at a gm dealer in the US , only canada. The newer gm owners manuals for the corvettes list both numbers and say canada for the other number. If you do a quick search for the correct number you'll see that everybody that comes up on that number is in canada.

Anyone heard of this as a replacement for BMW Gummi-pflege? It is designed to restore/maintain door gaskets. It is a clear/whitish paste like substance in a white 5 oz. bottle with a red brush top. about $5.00. Corvette and Z3/Z4 people seem to like it a lot

Wipe it on, let it soak, then wipe excess. Looking for an on-line source. my local GM dealer says not a GM part. Go figure?
Part # is 1#10953014

Russell
04-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Interesting. However, the stuff I saw did not look like a grease. It was whitish not like the GM grease you mentioned (I have some) I understand the corvette user use as well. Did not work well as it is messy and would not soak into the rubber. I was hoping for a really good gummi-pflege replacement. Oh well.

btw, the part number I gave you is directly from the bottle. I begain to suspect it was canadian as the photo I saw indicated it was 50 ml in size.

Bill R.
04-20-2006, 07:44 AM
corvette manual for 2005. The gm weatherstrip grease that i've used in the past is whitish clear and it soaks into the rubber here just about like gummiphlege does, you leave it on for a couple of hours then buff it off. In the heat here its fairly liquid on say a 100 degree day.http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images2/gmsilicone.jpg

Interesting. However, the stuff I saw did not look like a grease. It was whitish not like the GM grease you mentioned (I have some) I understand the corvette user use as well. Did not work well as it is messy and would not soak into the rubber. I was hoping for a really good gummi-pflege replacement. Oh well.

btw, the part number I gave you is directly from the bottle. I begain to suspect it was canadian as the photo I saw indicated it was 50 ml in size.

Russell
04-20-2006, 07:50 AM
you the man! Thanks Looks like I need to triy it again and give it more time.

Bill R.
04-20-2006, 07:56 AM
tubes will last me a long long time.

you the man! Thanks Looks like I need to triy it again and give it more time.

mikell
04-20-2006, 08:39 AM
What's wrong with gummi pfledge? I like it just fine - see no reason to change, though I can be educated.

Bill R.
04-20-2006, 08:50 AM
buy:) Bmw is no longer producing it. the familiar tube with the sponge applicator isn't available any more. If you find a dealer that has some still you better snatch it up.

What's wrong with gummi pfledge? I like it just fine - see no reason to change, though I can be educated.

Russell
04-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Bill is correct- I have tried to buy it even in germany. Have not found a new source. I have tried IZ, Wurth, Gummi-pflege spray, dielectric grease etc. Nothing is the same. I have heard Zymol seal ($20+) and Kytox (about $40) is better than the other "almosts". I have not tried them.

mikell
04-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Bavauto sells it - their part no. AS600 - just select any BMW model on their seach deal and search for "gummi". Also, pakshak.com lists it. Both are the liquid with the sponge tip applicator. Neither one says it's Official BMW, but this looks like the same deal - if not, let us all know.

mikell
04-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Pelicanparts.com also lists it.

Russell
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
IMO, Not near the same. These products are think and water like. Not jell like thinkness of the BMW brand Gummi-pflege. Good thought. BTW, Gummi-pflege means rubber care or similar in german.