PDA

View Full Version : 94 540i Tranny

Weegee
04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I know somebody already beat me to the punch, but I thought I'd try anyway.
Does anybody have an automatic tranny for an M60 engine for sale?

Kalevera
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes. Has something around 120k on it, if I recall. Pulled it out of a car last summer.

Call me or Brett. 440.564.7574.

best, whit

Tiger
04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
What are your current symptoms?

Weegee
07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
it's been a rough three months, but after all that time, I've finally been able to get back to thinking about the poor BMW in my garage that needs a new tranny. After going to a shop that wanted to charge $3000+ to replace the tranny with a used one, I figured I was geting ripped off. Now, I don't know what to do, the current state is that the car is in the garage with the broken tranny pulled out and in the trunk. I don't know if I should go to another shop for them to finish the job, or get a used tranny and try to install it myself. How hard would this be if I had the Bentley manual? Anyway, I'm so damned stressed about it at this point that I *almost* regret getting the BMW. Well, any help is appreciated.

mattyb
07-15-2006, 09:31 PM
i just paid $3000 aussie for a complete rebuild and thiought this was not to bad. # grand your way is definatley seeming too uch. I thought about a second hand one but didnt wasnt to end up with the same probs again and it was going to cost nearly as much. best of luck

Mattyb