PDA

View Full Version : M30 Injector upgrade

smcgowan
04-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Ok here's the question. What benefits if any to going with new 4 hole style 19Lb injectors over stock? What about new 4 hole style 22Lb injectors? Improved gas mileage? Better idle throttle response?

genphreak
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok here's the question. What benefits if any to going with new 4 hole style 19Lb injectors over stock? What about new 4 hole style 22Lb injectors? Improved gas mileage? Better idle throttle response? Pretty much none of the above I'm afraid. Bigger injectors will be fired less once the computer senses the exhaust output, so you get no real improvement. BMW spec the injectors the way they want them (spot-on) in the first place; Aftermarket replacements are no way near as perfect. With an M30 some of us can get away with using 19lb injectors, but I don't detect any real improvement over (good) stock ones. If we had turbos it'd be a different story.

Mileage is the first thing to suffer from a poor choice btw.

gale
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok here's the question. What benefits if any to going with new 4 hole style 19Lb injectors over stock? What about new 4 hole style 22Lb injectors? Improved gas mileage? Better idle throttle response?

I noticed a smoother idle & perhaps a tiny bit more power with 19 lb/hr Series II injectors. Probably mostly because they were new but also partly due to a finer droplet size and a better dispersion pattern which produces a more complete burn. I did pick up a little better mileage with them.

jjdickm
04-18-2006, 07:17 PM
larger injector does't necessarily mean more power you would probably will just run rich and not pass emission and the your air:fuel ratio will be so terrible like he said the real reason tyo upgrade injectors is in a turbo setup where your adding air as well as fuel.

Alexlind123
04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I needed new injectors, and i found a good deal on the design III 19lb injectors, so i bought them. The car runs more smoothly and more quietly.

smcgowan
04-19-2006, 02:39 AM
I found a set of the stage III injectors for pretty cheap and before a jumped on them I thought I’d ask. I thought since the newer patterned it should yield a smooth/cleaner burn, but I thought it be best to throw the question out.

Anybody with the M50 with any input?