PDA

View Full Version : Fuse box q

Toeks
04-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm following a wire from inside the car to inside the engine compartment. (still trying to find that damn clutch switch connector for my cruise control). Anyway all the wires seem to come together under the fuse box. I've unscrewed the torx screws and the fuse box is loose, but doesn't really want to come out with ease. I do realise it's because of all the wires connected to the fuses, relays etc. Is it a case of just lifting it up with some force, or should the harness come loose inside the box or what? Dont want to pull on something that shouldnt be pulled...

632 Regal
04-18-2006, 01:12 PM
why are you doing this? sounds spooky to me!

mamilapon
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I personally think you're playing with fire. No need to go this far. BMW normally have all connections ready to use depending on the options, just a matter of finding the right one. Try to find someone with the same car as yours, its much safer than pulling on wires.

Toeks
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I share your sentiment. Rather gonna try to find a BMW mechanic who might know where this clutch switch connector is. I've checked at the pedals (RHD), at the steering wheel, at the glove box on the left side (our brake switch is there) to no avail. All the other wiring for the cruise control is in. I plugged in the actuator, the ECU (in left footwell behind the speaker) and the CC lever on the steering wheel. All of them had the wires right there, but no clutch switch connector. Of course, it still refuses to work without it...