PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side electric window: "one touch up" doesn't work

mitch2k
04-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey folks,

I have an '93 E34 525TD Touring.
The front electrical windows works fine, except for the passenger side...
The 'one-touch' control doesn't work. Normally, when you push the up switch shortly, the window closes automaticly, so you don't have to keep pushing. The odd thing is, down it works, up not. The driver side works normal...

Where do I have to start looking? Where is the control of it? Maybe it is a bad contact in the switches?

Kalevera
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
In a survey performed nearly a year ago across this forum and e34.de, supplemented by information collected in an older survey administered by my shop, it was determined that no E34 came with a passenger one touch up function from the factory. This survey reached a sample of every market and every model that I know of.

I've seen it on one car, a '94 M5 Touring owned by Rob Levinson (http://www.robertlevinson.com/M5_Touring/).

So, has it ever worked?

You either have an aftermarket upgrade, or I really want to know the part number on the car's general module.

best, whit

rps1072
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Toll Circuit

As an additional convenience, the driver's side front window can be fully opened or closed autimatically by briefly tapping its pushbutton.

Javier
04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
please let me know what you did as I would like to have this feature in all my 3 non driver's windows!

Sorry, just being sarcastic, Lowell already told you it is not supposed to work unless a special after market mod.

Javier

mikell
04-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Agree - only the driver's window gets auto up as standard.

632 Regal
04-17-2006, 01:50 PM
my passanger goes up 2 seconds at a time and stops...ie: have to let go of the button and press to make it all the way several times....now is this a problem?

sKilled
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
my passanger goes up 2 seconds at a time and stops...ie: have to let go of the button and press to make it all the way several times....now is this a problem?

Yes

sKilled
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry - felt like being a smart arse. What do I have to mod to get 1 touch up on the front passenger window?

632 Regal
04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
thats my line.
Yes

mitch2k
04-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I've never seen it working.. But driver side works up and down, and passenger side only works down... It's kinda strange that is would only work in one direction...
It is not that this problem is disturbing me... it's just strange :-D

Bill R.
04-17-2006, 08:47 PM
enough to roll his arm up in the window , since he's busy driving and stuff , but the passenger, dumb stump that he is .. could possibly stick his arm out the window and push the up button or have the driver push the up button on his arm

I've never seen it working.. But driver side works up and down, and passenger side only works down... It's kinda strange that is would only work in one direction...

joshua43214
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Be happy, the later models have a trap switch built into the window seal that commonly fails is very expensive. Kinda cool though, you can autoclose the window on your finger and it will stop and back off a bit so you can get the offending member back in. Would have saved that poor kid in 11:14 alot of grief if he had that for his offended member...