PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Transformation... almost complete...

Qube
04-16-2006, 01:35 PM
::.. Transformation... almost complete...

I did one of these a while back...
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14256&highlight=stock

Here's a more updated one. Everything will be complete once the nice large silver calipers and the Erebuni body kit arrive ;) (http://www.shophyperformance.com/store/000547.html)

Qube
04-16-2006, 01:36 PM

Alexlind123
04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Looks great. I didnt like the eyebrows when i first saw them,but maybe they arent so bad on your car after all...

Bill R.
04-16-2006, 01:51 PM
like maybe you had to respray the hood and someone forgot to take the masking tape off when they were done...

Qube
04-16-2006, 01:58 PM
like maybe you had to respray the hood and someone forgot to take the masking tape off when they were done...

Yeah, I'm conflicted about them too. Some angles it looks good, some don't. I'm just worried how fudged the 'halos' will look if I take it off ya know?

Alexlind123
04-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Take them off for awhile and see how they look. Post a picture with them off if you want to.

Evan
04-16-2006, 02:46 PM
You did a great job on your car.

The lights look great... the brows may be a little much but the car looks great as a whole.

Did you have to put the 535 emblem on?

Alexlind123
04-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Is it just me, or did you get that emblem just a touch low? This is the only picture i have of my emblem:
http://servo.postverket.us/alex/fddfdfd.JPG

liquidtiger720
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Qube. where did you get, and what kind...is that m5 spoiler you have?

Qube
04-16-2006, 06:32 PM
- I'll take off the brows but it's on with a solid glue so it'll be hard to separate from the light surround grill!

- The 'before' shot is actually of another guys car :) Anyway, the PO of my car actually had a respray and on inspection, the 535i is a little crooked as well as low! Also, the color is more of a subdued 'creme' white than BMW Alpine White.

- The spoiler is your 'run-of-the-mill' trunk lip spoiler from eBay. I choose it because it's subtle enough yet still gives the back end the little 'edge' I want.

rps1072
04-17-2006, 04:34 AM
Those 5-spoke wheels are really sharp! Where'd you get them?

Qube
04-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Those 5-spoke wheels are really sharp! Where'd you get them?

Right here: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=18077&highlight=privat

rps1072
04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Then you just put some roundel center caps in?

ThoreauHD
04-17-2006, 09:37 AM
The wheels look easier to clean. But the headlight covering on the front, what does that do? I think the car looks pretty good overall. Not really my thing, but then again I'm an ancient 32 year old. Old people suck. :)

rps1072
04-17-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm an ancient 33 year old and I am pretty conservative when it comes to stuff like this--don't want any German engineers offering to unpimp my ride. I think this is very tastefully done. The only thing I find slightly objectionable is the eyebrows--Groucho glasses for your car.

Incantation
04-17-2006, 09:55 AM
looks great..

i am surprised u put the badges back on tho? (535 and schnitzer)

i also like the spoiler.. very subtle. i often thought about getting on but i didn't know how it would look..

and the eyebrows look good.. leave those babies on

Nick.Hay
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Props Qube!!!

That is a magnificient transformation!! Very sharp indeed...

Those wheels are hot-**** too!! They look kinda like a Hamann HM2s. (personal pref would have them just a little bigger, tho)

You totally need a pic of her just at dusk, with those angel-eyes beaming away. Are you happy with them??

Qube
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Props Qube!!!

That is a magnificient transformation!! Very sharp indeed...

Those wheels are hot-**** too!! They look kinda like a Hamann HM2s. (personal pref would have them just a little bigger, tho)

You totally need a pic of her just at dusk, with those angel-eyes beaming away. Are you happy with them??

Stop ratting about the wheels ;) They're looking smaller and smaller to me too. I'm looking around for 18" now... too bad I can't use these as winter (too wide for comfort).

Happy about the angel eyes? This set has horrible cutoff.

Stock has: _/--
It's got: ___/

...kinda like they forgot about levelling it off at the end. Result? Pedestrians better not be looking at the car (at certain distances). The set I have does not have the dimpled decoration around the projector. I have ordered a set with the dimples to see the difference. Realistically, those are the only two 'types' of angel sets I've seen (dimple/no-dimple).

Nick.Hay
04-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Bugger... :(

Are they the complete unit type (like the depo ones), or just the circular filaments you installed yourself??

genphreak
04-18-2006, 12:12 AM
::.. Transformation... almost complete...

I did one of these a while back...
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14256&highlight=stock

Here's a more updated one. Everything will be complete once the nice large silver calipers and the Erebuni body kit arrive ;) (http://www.shophyperformance.com/store/000547.html)Nice work Qube. How hard was it to add the headlight washers? I dunno why but I like them. Don't need them tho :D

And the The painted sills and bumper lowers make such a 'modernising' difference too.

But i really like the rear spoiler. Is that one of those stick on $20 eBay things or are they compelte crap and one should get something flash?? :) Nick

Rustam
04-18-2006, 12:27 AM

air dam lip missing, creates an empty space not reaching as far as the side skirt does on the side view...

don't you think so?

Nick.Hay
04-18-2006, 04:33 AM
For sure Nick,

They look great...

Even if they weren't connected up... *Ducks for cover*

Qube
04-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Bugger... :(

Are they the complete unit type (like the depo ones), or just the circular filaments you installed yourself??

Complete set. Not sure what 'brand'.

Air dam lip? What is it you're talking about ;)

The 'spoiler' is one of the trunk lip dealies on eBay painted to match. Cheap but gives it 'just' enough edge.

GoldenOne
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
very sexy, did you purchase an complete exhaust or just the tips....either way I would like to know because I like those tips...

Robin-535im
04-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I'm conflicted about them too. Some angles it looks good, some don't. I'm just worried how fudged the 'halos' will look if I take it off ya know?
Is that the stock body trim, just painted body color? It looks sharp!

Qube
04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
- those are chrome rolled angled tips I got from WalMart for $6.99 CAD a piece heh!
- yep, the trim is just painted, that's all

DueyT
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Qube, I'd move the eyebrows slightly outboard, it looks like they're slightly too close in. Personally I'd do a straight brow without the cutouts...I think straight looks much better! Here's my hack at chopping some straight brows for you.. :)

Cheers,
Duey