PDA

View Full Version : Water inside the door

Jay 535i
04-16-2006, 09:07 AM
My car was sitting the rain for a while. The following day I went out to the car and opened the driver's door. About half a cup of water poured out from inside the door, through a small hole at the bottom front corner of the door.

Is water supposed to get trapped in there like that, or is something not working right?

Kalevera
04-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Water is supposed to drain out of the bottom of the door (drains by the lower door trims). Sometimes they clog.

It's normal, even designed, for water to pass through the door. Excessive water is a problem, though. It'll destroy the door panel backing. It seems like excessive water in the door is usually caused by bad handle seals, as odd as it may seem.

best, whit

Jay 535i
04-16-2006, 01:53 PM
The water drained out of the hole quickly and smoothly once I'd opened the door, so that hole is not clogged. But should I have to open the door for the water to drain?

Javier
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
one at each extreme of the door lower trimming. So no mater the inclination of the vehicle, water will pour out at one of them. But if one if clogged, then you may need to change door inclination to drain trough the other extreme.

Javier

Jay 535i
04-19-2006, 11:27 AM
one at each extreme of the door lower trimming. So no mater the inclination of the vehicle, water will pour out at one of them. But if one if clogged, then you may need to change door inclination to drain trough the other extreme.

Javier

But should I have to open the door for the water to drain?

What if I'd left the car for a week? The water'd still be in there. That can't be good. Or is that how BMW designed it?

joshua43214
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I am almost positive the water should drain with the door closed

Javier
04-19-2006, 06:21 PM
are clean.

Javier