PDA

View Full Version : For the wrenchers out there... perhaps the hottest thread in BMW history...

genphreak
04-15-2006, 04:13 AM
This has to be it (http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=24527). I read this in awe- but maybe some of you have seen it before. If so I'm sure you'll enjoy revisiting it. The voyage of discovery is simply breath-taking.

Perhaps some of you will even know the members of BMWCCA in Puget Sound. I wish I did, let alone have the pleasure of owning one of these babies... :) Nick

Gayle
04-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Awesome pictures. I need a snowy evening to read all the commentary. How did you find that thread Nick? Wouldn't it be great to have a thread like that for the e34 on this site?

Incantation
04-15-2006, 03:13 PM
i know that dude he is from my city.. nice guy, and unique car, good score on his behalf

genphreak
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Awesome pictures. I need a snowy evening to read all the commentary. How did you find that thread Nick? Wouldn't it be great to have a thread like that for the e34 on this site?Actaully I was researching for that Easter Special thread... and yes, very good point- After reading this I can imagine a celebrity walk around the e34, someone with some serious wrenching skills, going over a full inspection of an e34 with all notes, comments and pictures of all the notable points- wear to look out for, things to check, how to get in there- pulling notable parts apart... although this info exists, for noobs to have the experience of a walk-through like this would be an awesome introduction to the wonders of working on bimmers in basic thread form... :) Nick

Gayle
04-15-2006, 04:35 PM
After reading this I can imagine a celebrity walk around the e34, someone with some serious wrenching skills, going over a full inspection of an e34 with all notes, comments and pictures of all the notable points- wear to look out for, things to check, how to get in there- pulling notable parts apart... although this info exists, for noobs to have the experience of a walk-through like this would be an awesome introduction to the wonders of working on bimmers in basic thread form... :) Nick

Jon K--Would you consider doing a thread like this using your sister's car? Yours is a bit too non-standard for the rest of us to relate to.

Since you read the Bentley in the bathroom, you could even reference the instructions in Bentley. :) You take fabulous pictures and do good explanations. You are the ideal person to make a contribution like this. A project like this would keep you entertained between semesters next time around.

sKilled
04-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I second that. I wish I lived in the states, woul give you a hand in a heart beat.