PDA

View Full Version : OT, typical brain damage exhibited by

Bill R.
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
ford exec's Here (http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read.html?id=7215)

ajt3nc
04-13-2006, 10:17 AM
An excellent book was written by David Halbertam in the eighties called The Reckoning.
It shows the rise of Ford and Nissan and the differences in management and business styles.
The same attitude and "Americans only want big " thoughts are what nearly wiped ford out in the 70s.

DanDombrowski
04-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I think the title of the article is a bit misleading. In giant letters, it says:

"Americans will buy SUVs even if gas hits four dollars a gallon: Ford"

but the first line says:

"A core group of US consumers...."

These two statements are on the complete opposite ends of each other on the spectrum. Considering how much they're losing on SUVs that have been sitting on the lots due to rising gas prices, they'd have to be pretty arrogant to actually say and mean that they plan on producing the same amount of SUVs.

That is, unless they know something about oil prices we don't know.....

SharkmanBMW
04-13-2006, 11:25 AM
that exec is working for ford NOW, but for how long will they employ people with **** for brains??? -

FORD= ****er Only Runs Downhill!

JD525IA
04-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Reading his bio at the Ford website, they explain that he got his MBA from Harvard Business school, just like that genius George W. Bush. Therefore, he is perfectly entitled to make absolutely assinine statements at press releases.

What the hell are they teaching at Harvard?

John in CT
04-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Jeff Skilling got his there too, and he is "absolutly innocent"

help us Lord,

John
1995 525im

ThoreauHD
04-13-2006, 12:38 PM
"There is a certain core of customers who buy imports and will only buy imports," he acknowledged. "

"There is a certain portion of the marketplace and customers who want that flexibility that is provided with a traditional SUV, so I don't think our strategy would change too much"

Their strategy since the late 80's has been to build cars that fall apart after their warranty period. He's right. Their strategy hasn't changed. And I and my family haven't bought a Ford since that time.

Even though chevy has some really interesting styles coming out these days, I still wouldn't buy one. I just don't trust American car companies. They've ****ed you in the ass before you even step in the door. The only vehicles that seem to last at least a decade, that are american made, are trucks. And that is quite variable too.

Compare that to the 7-8 year full service no matter what warranty of BMW. Or even the 10 year warranty of a high end Hyundai. I don't want to have to duct tape my car together after 3 years of driving it and taking care of it. I don't want to stall out in ghettoville hoping I don't get shot and robbed. I don't trust American car companies with my wallet, much less my life. And that is what these *******s are asking for with nothing given as collateral.

If they made the CEO sit in the back seat of every 5 year old Ford model for 1 month, this ******** would be solved lickity split. But he won't. He's too busy spritzing his suits and laying pipe to the maid.

PS- I am proud to be a former angry Found On Road Dead owner.