PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I "feel" ashamed to drive BMW's

DaCan23
04-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Because our marquee is one of the few where what idiot BMW drivers do, reflects poorly on us all.

Last night in a shopping plaza parking lot, a young snotty chick gets outta an X5 to go into a restaurant for take out. I'm guessing its her parents X5, cause she seemed a little young to own it, and her boyfriend or brother is in the passenger seat. Guess where she parked to run in to get the food? Thats right a handicaped spot, and to make it even worse!! She parked in the middle of TWO handicap spots!!! If a cop came by could he of given her TWO tickets for illegal handicap parking??

Wanted to smack that biznatch!!!

Dash01
04-12-2006, 08:55 AM
She should be ashamed, but you needn't be.

Gonebananas
04-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Don't worry mate, it's more a reflection of English women then it is BMW's.

cschollum
04-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Don't worry mate, it's more a reflection of English women then it is BMW's.

erm hes from Boston...

Incantation
04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
^ sweet pic

billb
04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I take pride in them, I drive them responsibly, I even am probably more courteous to other drivers than normal, because I don't want them to bend my car! I am ashamed sometimes to drive my SUV because it is lousy on gas, is inappropriate for trips, and is hard to see around, plus packs a wallop if it were in a wreck. But it's perfect for driving in mud, snow, sand, storms, or to haul stuff for the house.

My boss picks on me for driving a BMW (the old "I must be paying you too much" line), but then I remind him that it's a '91, is fully paid for, and gets 32mpg highway, and that I drive it because it's fun, not because it's a BMW. Then I pick on him for his brand new Nissan Murano...

mikell
04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
There are people everywhere who want you to feel ashamed for:
Driving a car (global warming is your fault, you know)
Driving a BMW (you gotta be a rich exploiter of the masses, and probably unpatriotic)
Being male (a crude bully and exploiter of women)
Being an American (too many to mention - imperialist, war monger, planet raper, exploiter of the third world, etc.)
Being a motorsport fan (blood lusting resource waster)
Being a football fan (savage)
- - you name it, some people just want to feel bigger by making you feel smaller.
Drive your cars with you head held high - you didn't steal them.
Now, the self centered chickie-poo parking in 2 handicapped spots deserves a stint in purgatory. Sad to say, I see perfectly fit people with handicapped permits on their cars leaping out and trotting into stores, etc. whilst parking in handicapped spots... fraudulent permits are all over the place here. But, the Houston police has recruited several hundred civilains and equipped them with citation books for the sole purpose of ticketing handicapped space offenders.
Don't ever let the bastards grind you down.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
I work for my money.

I paid less for my car than those navigator driving, welfare receiving, drug dealing, Illegitimate kid bearing, public housing bling bling douche bags

skr
04-12-2006, 01:06 PM
i never actualy seen a handicapped person in a handicapped parking space. never. got no idea why. i'm starting to think there ain't no handicapped people that drive round here...

rob101
04-12-2006, 01:30 PM
lol actually i find it funny lighting up the rear around a corner with people around they must have a complex they are thinking " 5 series? spirited driving?" they give you weird looks! sorry i am not really ashamed of my marque, but i know there are alot of BMW drivers are poseurs but then there are the enthusiasts i know i certainly don't fall in the poseur niche. there are all kinds of jerks who can't drive are circulating in BMW's usually X-series and 3-series. i always tell people 5s and 7s are the "anti-poseur" bmws

pundit
04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
i never actualy seen a handicapped person in a handicapped parking space. never. got no idea why. i'm starting to think there ain't no handicapped people that drive round here...
Over here there's more 'Handicapped Driver' car window stickers than there are handicapped drivers. Many perfectly healthy *******s are going to their doctors with bogus claims of bad backs, arthitic hips, wrecked knees etc and apply for (AND RECEIVE!!) a handicapped parking sticker which allows them to park in a handicapped space. Once they have a sticker the odds of them being policed and caught are pretty low.

A guy I used to work with told me his handicapped sister-in-law's family used to borrow her car often when going to the supermarket just so they could park in the handicapped space close to the entrance of the supermarket.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-12-2006, 02:41 PM
and some card stock, and you too can join the gimmpy crowd and park up front.

Just limp a little when you walk.

Russell
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
We are very sensitive to abuse of handicap parking. it does very little good to complain at, for example, the gorcery store. I have even got in teh usually young driver's faces about the abuse. They act as if, so what, it is their right to do whatever they want. Makes me realize how limited their view of the world is. That scares me even more than the parking!

Because our marquee is one of the few where what idiot BMW drivers do, reflects poorly on us all.

Last night in a shopping plaza parking lot, a young snotty chick gets outta an X5 to go into a restaurant for take out. I'm guessing its her parents X5, cause she seemed a little young to own it, and her boyfriend or brother is in the passenger seat. Guess where she parked to run in to get the food? Thats right a handicaped spot, and to make it even worse!! She parked in the middle of TWO handicap spots!!! If a cop came by could he of given her TWO tickets for illegal handicap parking??

Wanted to smack that biznatch!!!

Russell
04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
How handicapped does a person need to be to satisfy you?

Permanent limited walking ability/stanima due to muscle wasting qualifies for me. Yet, when you see the person, you would not detect a problem unless you try to walk with them, then you see. So initial appearance is not always a good measure. Even so, there is a substantial abuse everywhere of handicap permits.

Evan
04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I must be the only one that finds it difficult to believe that the government is giving citizens the authority to ticket other citizens... and the citizens are actually doing it.

What ever happened to the days when citizens acted as a check against governments getting too cozy?

Gayle
04-13-2006, 04:10 AM
On the ashamed to drive a BMW theme, I am really surprised at how much grief our younger e34 owners get. Pyro is always talking about it. At bimmerfest, Josh and David were telling me they get it.

I just don't understand it. When I was growing up back in the dark ages, no one dogged the people with nice cars. It was those of us who drove POS cars that were ashamed. I would have been so proud to drive something the equivalent of an e34.

Even now, I could have a new car if I wanted one--but they have no soul. In "you are what you drive California" I am much prouder to have my 16 year old BMW that looks fabuoulous than I would be to have any new car. e34s reflect good taste, appreciation of quality, sense of value, non-conformity, intelligence and problem solving ablility, yada yada. I consider being an e34 owner a membership in a special club.

ra_pro
04-13-2006, 04:54 AM
I agree but I would say this concerns primarily owners of new BMWs. I get this intense feeling when I go to the dealer that the people there (customers, sales reps) are the kind I wouldn't want to associate with or deal with, and I almost never do since I rarely go to the dealer.

mattyb
04-13-2006, 05:26 AM
i dont consider myself "vehicle related" to drivers of x5 and x3 especially. I dont think they should even have BMW badge on these damn things .They are more so of the family of obnoxious 4wd *******s( no offence to all the good 4wd folk out there )

Toeks
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
had the same feelings about our cars, the people around us and other associated cars. The best part about owning an E34? (and its the one thing no one else gets...) That feeling you get when you drive it. Sheer driving pleasure. Its what makes us so angry at those idiot people who stop in handicapped parkings. Its what makes us so angry at those snot-nose youngsters (or wannabe youngsters) who drive their bimmers like they own the freakin' road. Luckily, its what sets us apart too....

Paul in NZ
04-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I dont mind....its those kind of idiots who make it possible for me to find a free park away from every body else and why my 16 year old car has only one almost impossible to notice door ding.I cant deny that the BMW factor was an influence in buying my car,but the main reasons were its o/a size dynamics,rwd,manual,quality,and extras.....

Traian
04-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I usually park at the back of the lot anyway, so I have never noticed this, nor has it bothered me. Though it is true that I see a disproportionate amount of cars with disabled permits to the number of actual disabled people. My pet peeves usually center more on ppl who take advantage of others in traffic.

kyleN20
04-13-2006, 05:33 PM
i dont feel bad, i feel great every time i feel the troque of the m30 in 2nd gear

sKilled
04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
It's my car. I care for it. It cares for me (gotta love the brakes). I'm proud of it. I'm not proud of having the badge, just because it's a badge, I'm proud of the engineering that the badge represents. If someone has a problem with me because it's a BMW, then I have a problem with them for being superficial ignorant idiots. I could go on and on, but then you guys would fall asleep...

Paul in NZ
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
zzzzzzzzzz...wha :D

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-13-2006, 06:20 PM
For most, it's a reliable tool of transportation.

others, a car is like jewelry, or a Rolex watch… A trophy for those who need attention and affrimation of status.

Entertainment for racers

And

Penal extensions for some pricks out there.

If you watch carefully you'll see people often wear uniforms in which to judge them by.

CharlesAFerg
04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Honestly, if I could do some kind of scientific research.
A-Women in 3 series cars are the worst.
B-Women in Any BMW in general are completely clueless.
C-Almost every guy I see driving a BMW drives very nicely and notices the E34s.

Try to prove me wrong, because these are not sweeping generalizations.
heh... I really do feel bad sometimes... But around here people think the BMW 3 series cars are, quote-"nothing special at all"
All because of the trophy wives.
Sad.
Although, there have been a few female drivers that actually notice my car when I notice theirs and actually drive nicely because, you guessed it, they know. If it is appreciated, thats all there is to it. :-)
-Charles

btw- One of my neighbors bought his wife a E38 5, and I saw her in a parking lot or the local grocery store, and I chatted with her from my E34 about things and made a comment about how I liked her car (black on black 5) and how I had the same. She replied- "...Oh...Well mine is a BMW."

Yep, It happened. And her husband will be hearing about that one soon lol...

Bill R.
04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
e38's were 7 series

Honestly, if I could do some kind of scientific research.
A-Women in 3 series cars are the worst.
B-Women in Any BMW in general are completely clueless.
C-Almost every guy I see driving a BMW drives very nicely and notices the E34s.

Try to prove me wrong, because these are not sweeping generalizations.
heh... I really do feel bad sometimes... But around here people think the BMW 3 series cars are, quote-"nothing special at all"
All because of the trophy wives.
Sad.
Although, there have been a few female drivers that actually notice my car when I notice theirs and actually drive nicely because, you guessed it, they know. If it is appreciated, thats all there is to it. :-)
-Charles

btw- One of my neighbors bought his wife a E38 5, and I saw her in a parking lot or the local grocery store, and I chatted with her from my E34 about things and made a comment about how I liked her car (black on black 5) and how I had the same. She replied- "...Oh...Well mine is a BMW."

Yep, It happened. And her husband will be hearing about that one soon lol...