PDA

View Full Version : Rear headrests question

ArtemLepilov
04-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Hello, I ave a pair of front seats that I may be looking to take the headrest mechanism out of. I have the headrests themselves. I am tihnking to possibly retrofit the front headrests in the rear. Has anyone ever done that? How hard would it be to do that? And does anyone think its possible or am I just incredibly delusional... :)

-Artem

Kalevera
04-11-2006, 09:11 PM
The front and rears use completely different parts. Interchange is difficult without looking hacked, and using the front seat headrests in the rear would obstruct vision -- the correct ones do it, anyway.

Trivia: there is one easy and inexpensive way to get the correct parts to do this retrofit, without importing them from another country or visiting a dealer -- anyone know what it is? :)

best, whit

ArtemLepilov
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
i want to know :D

Paul in NZ
04-12-2006, 02:14 AM
visit a wrecker,and look for an e 32 or an m5?

Randell
04-12-2006, 02:23 AM
the standard rear headrests look a bit better than none at all, but why do they feel like they're filled with cement? in an accident the rear seat passenger would probably fracture their skull on those things..

my dad's merc has headrests that are pillow soft, why did bmw make them so hard?

Paul in NZ
04-12-2006, 02:35 AM
dont complain randell at least we have em......

Guelphguy
04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I have rear headrests in Tan available with all brakets if anyone needs them. I am just outside Toronto.

Shankster
04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I have rear headrests in Tan available with all brakets if anyone needs them. I am just outside Toronto.

Sold. From your previous post $100 + shipping to 53095. Send me the total and i'll paypal xfer the funds to you.