PDA

View Full Version : LHD and RHD question

Toeks
04-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I need to find my brake switch (its apparently on the left side under the glove box in my RHD Bimmer). I have the Bentley manual, but unfortunately for the US E34's, so its not really helping me. Does anyone have the UK Bentley to perhaps make a scan of just those pages? I'm not too keen on just removing things without knowing how it comes apart.

Phil Sanderson
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
...on right hand drive cars.

regards
Phil

iainand
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
left hand front on the RHD, i can hear mine click from the glovebox area when braking

will take a look tomorrow see if anything visible, just took a quick look in the haynes manual, it says its above the brake pedal!!

i will confirm in the morning if i can see the switch, and where

rob101
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
yeah i've heard that click as well but i was fiddling with my e28 pedal box and it definitely has it on the driver's side.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD52&mospid=47375&btnr=35_0059&hg=35&fg=05
part no. 20

its in the LHS footwell at the master cylinder side of the linkage.

zygoteer
04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
... Does anyone have the UK Bentley ...

There is no UK 'Bentley' traceable ... I think its an american publication only

myles
04-11-2006, 02:16 PM
On my car it's above the brake pedal. On my wife's father's 94 525i, it is behind the glove box.

rob101
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
On my car it's above the brake pedal. On my wife's father's 94 525i, it is behind the glove box.
where have you been hiding mate? i didn't think there were many people from brisbane on this board.

myles
04-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm nearly always here, just lurking. You're the only other local that I'm aware of that is a current regular user. The other guys have been in hiding for a while now.

tnt525i
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
...on right hand drive cars.

regards
Phil
no its not there, i thought it was,,, but found it under the glove box on the left side of the car, you have to remove the glove box and a few covers and then you will see it

rob101
04-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm nearly always here, just lurking. You're the only other local that I'm aware of that is a current regular user. The other guys have been in hiding for a while now.
a manual only bmw guy hehe its the only way to drive a bmw. no slushboxes!

Toeks
04-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Its definately on the left side. I opened up under the pedals on the right side and there is no switch on the brake pedal itself. Can anyone help with exactly how the covers under the glovebox on the left side come off?

rob101
04-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Its definately on the left side. I opened up under the pedals on the right side and there is no switch on the brake pedal itself. Can anyone help with exactly how the covers under the glovebox on the left side come off?
well, i would have a look at www.realoem.com, probably have to just jump in the deep end and work it out!

Paul in NZ
04-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I replaced my brake light switch,and mine was directly behind the glovebox,I dont recall any covers in the way......I sent a write up to Bruno so he could add it to E34.net but that was on my old computer.If you arent in a big hurry i can have a look this weekend to refresh my memory.Do you have <ding> <Brake Light Circ> warning

Toeks
04-12-2006, 02:57 AM
there's no problem with the brake light switch itself. Ive installed cruise control in my car and only the clutch switch is left. But I couldn't find the connector for it at the pedals. So I'm figuring that it might be where my brake light switch is. (all the cruise control wires were pre-installed, so it has to be there somewhere)