PDA

View Full Version : Going to do a service. Please check this list.

Rob
04-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Howzit all,

Okay, as per my previous problems with this car, I am getting the new fuel pump on Friday. This should fix all current engine power problems I hope. Now assuming that it does, I want to give the car a little service end of this month. Might cost a bit, but of well.

Now this is my list.

New oil,
New oil filter,
New air filter,
New Spark Plugs,
Coolant flush and new coolant.

Will check cooling hoses ect.

Now this service will cost me about R500 bucks, new pump 500 bucks as well. So R1000 in total. Which is fine. She needs the work done as she's been left out for so long.

Would you guys say this is what needs doing, or is there other small items I can service. I don't mean in susspension or brakes as those have recently been changed along with rotor. Just need new wear sensors.

Can anyone else think of other things I need to service?

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, Cam belts have been changed. They have hardly done 2,000 Km

sKilled
04-11-2006, 05:33 AM
Check your brakes - I had my discs checked just before I had to renew my warrant of fitness. Turned out my discs were dangerously worn - they were all under the min. th. (worst one by more than half a mil!).

If youre under the car, inspect the linkages, exhaust (for rust), all fluid levels, wipers (good idea to at least check em at the beginning of each season) and the pressure on the spare. Would suck to be stuck with two flats.

Rob
04-11-2006, 05:58 AM
Ya, have already checked those. All good. :).

Just phoned a place all my stuff.

Oil filter,
Fuel Filter,
Spark Plugs,
Air Filter.

Comes to 300 bucks. Pretty good price I think. :)

ThoreauHD
04-11-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't know anything about you or your car. What was the problem, and what's the mileage?

Rob
04-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Hi,

No power at all. She'll idle and rev perfect. Put her into Drive and she won't have much power. She'll go, but if I push the pedal flat she might get to 60 Km/s if I'm lucky. No power on the slightest hill, she'll come to a complete stop.

The other day I put 5 litlers of fuel extra in to start her. After putting old pump back in then she started but would not have enough power to go, no revs. So I put more fuel. She starts and rev fine and has tiny bit of power to move OK.

After long discussions with Jeff and Rasmus along with Artem on these forums we all agree it's the fuel pump. So Rasmus as given his spare pump to a couple of friends of mine who are going to bring it to me on Friday. Monday will fit and test. then will do service if problem is solved.

Thanks for the intrest, pal! :)

632 Regal
04-11-2006, 08:54 AM
was this the pump with the mangled housing?

Hi,

No power at all. She'll idle and rev perfect. Put her into Drive and she won't have much power. She'll go, but if I push the pedal flat she might get to 60 Km/s if I'm lucky. No power on the slightest hill, she'll come to a complete stop.

The other day I put 5 litlers of fuel extra in to start her. After putting old pump back in then she started but would not have enough power to go, no revs. So I put more fuel. She starts and rev fine and has tiny bit of power to move OK.

After long discussions with Jeff and Rasmus along with Artem on these forums we all agree it's the fuel pump. So Rasmus as given his spare pump to a couple of friends of mine who are going to bring it to me on Friday. Monday will fit and test. then will do service if problem is solved.

Thanks for the intrest, pal! :)

Rob
04-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi, Jeff.

Yes it was bud. I'll be fitting a new pump in the car on Monday night. And will let you all know the results on Teusday morning. :)