PDA

View Full Version : Going to do a service. Please check this list.

Rob
04-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Howzit all,

Okay, as per my previous problems with this car, I am getting the new fuel pump on Friday. This should fix all current engine power problems I hope. Now assuming that it does, I want to give the car a little service end of this month. Might cost a bit, but of well.

Now this is my list.

New oil,
New oil filter,
New air filter,
New Spark Plugs,
Coolant flush and new coolant.

Will check cooling hoses ect.

Now this service will cost me about R500 bucks, new pump 500 bucks as well. So R1000 in total. Which is fine. She needs the work done as she's been left out for so long.

Would you guys say this is what needs doing, or is there other small items I can service. I don't mean in susspension or brakes as those have recently been changed along with rotor. Just need new wear sensors.

Can anyone else think of other things I need to service?

Thanks!

ThoreauHD
04-11-2006, 06:14 AM
If you are around 80-100K miles, I'd do a transmission fluid and filter/seal replacement. And an engine and fuel injector cleaning. My BMW service center uses the engine flush below. You clean the fuel injectors by hand though.

http://tec2000us.com/tech2000_Products.html

Alexlind123
04-11-2006, 06:34 AM
I didnt know you could clean injectors by hand. I will send you my old stock injectors for a price if you want to clean them while yours are still in your car, and then swap mine in.

Bill R.
04-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I didnt know you could clean injectors by hand. I will send you my old stock injectors for a price if you want to clean them while yours are still in your car, and then swap mine in.

632 Regal
04-11-2006, 08:52 AM
lol...

You don't clean them by hand.
amazing what they can do these days huh?