PDA

View Full Version : '88 735i E32 - passenger door lock

trimagna
03-22-2004, 01:28 PM
My front passenger door does not lock, either by key or knob.

I tried to re-synchronize. I don't know what that should have done, but it made no difference.

I removed the door panel. I don't see any obvious problems.

The symptom is that the door knob twitches when I attempt to lock or unlock from the drive side lock, but it seems to be blocked from moving downwards, either electrically or manually.

Is there a detailed process I should use to diagnose the lock actuator solenoid?

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
- CarlD trimagna@yahoo.com

Stacy (Sydney)
03-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Try removing the central locking fuse ( below rear seat ), then manually push down the door knob i reinsert fuse and locks should be re-syncronised. This method works for me, I have the same problem every 6 months or so, and I have not been able to resyncronise in the "usual" manner - fuse method is faster and less anoying IMHO.
I'd be curious to know exactly why this problem occurs.

trimagna
03-26-2004, 02:10 PM
I pulled Fuse #30 and #31. When I re-insert #30, I hear a relay click. Nothing happens of note when I re-insert #31.

The knob would not depress.

I might need detailed info on analyzing the door lock actuator. There appear to be specific circuits for normal locking and double-locking (deadbolting). Conceivably, I could apply 12V to a specific pin, thereby engaging or disengaging a circuit.

Try removing the central locking fuse ( below rear seat ), then manually push down the door knob i reinsert fuse and locks should be re-syncronised. This method works for me, I have the same problem every 6 months or so, and I have not been able to resyncronise in the "usual" manner - fuse method is faster and less anoying IMHO.
I'd be curious to know exactly why this problem occurs.

632 Regal
03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
give you another idea. what your describing is almost exactly what happens if you try to lock the doors with a door open, maybe there is some switch deal not working neer the door latch mechanism.

I have no clue actually but that kinda is what your describing, another angle to look at?