PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about auxilary fan:

E34 530
04-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Today my friend and I took off the fornt bumper to check to see if my auxilary fan is working. We were able to jump the system by putting a metal prong in the connectors. Both speeds worked without blowing fuses, so I gues everything is alright?? Is the aux. fan only supposed to come on if the car is starting to get hot while idling?? I put the air condition on full blast while the car was idling (at operating temp-bar is half way as it should be) and the fan never came on. When we went to re-connect the OBC temp sensor, it stil reads -35F. Do I have to reboot the system or something?? Thanks for your help, Andrew

rps1072
04-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I think the fan should come on whenever you turn on the AC, regardless of the engine temp.

Bill R.
04-10-2006, 09:37 AM
system, the auxillary fan won't kick on from the ac only until the condensor pressure is above 261 psi.

Today my friend and I took off the fornt bumper to check to see if my auxilary fan is working. We were able to jump the system by putting a metal prong in the connectors. Both speeds worked without blowing fuses, so I gues everything is alright?? Is the aux. fan only supposed to come on if the car is starting to get hot while idling?? I put the air condition on full blast while the car was idling (at operating temp-bar is half way as it should be) and the fan never came on. When we went to re-connect the OBC temp sensor, it stil reads -35F. Do I have to reboot the system or something?? Thanks for your help, Andrew

E34 530
04-10-2006, 12:09 PM
system, the auxillary fan won't kick on from the ac only until the condensor pressure is above 261 psi.

Thanks Bill, the obc temperature actually went back to normal by itself. I have a feeling that it's the thermostat causing problems, not the aux. fan.