PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find white side markers?

TETSUO
03-22-2004, 11:39 AM
The ones that fit into the front bumper? I have been checking ebay and they never seem to have them only the ones that fit behind the back wheel. Anybody know where I can find them? its the only piece of "orange" lighting left on the car and it just doesnt look right

Elekta
03-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Pro-Parts I think....are you sure you can't find any on Ebay...they're all over the place.

Be sure to tape off the reflectors and paint the white plastic matt black (testors spray can is what I used)

The amber bulbs from autozone are fine, but the red's look a little pink.

not a great pic, but I am believer in this mod

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/cc9dcb52.jpg

TETSUO
03-22-2004, 02:28 PM
sorry, u kind of lost me there. Im not sure if we were talking about the same lights, but if we were then i really dont know what you mean by taping them off and painting them. im talking about the side lights on the front and rear bumper. originally the front ones are yellow and the back ones are red. I think we may be talking about the same thing though because i see you have them there on your station wagon. Please explain a bit clearer if possible, im a little slow and im new to modding cars (first one) :D

Jon K
03-22-2004, 04:00 PM
the horizontal clear light in the picture is what he is talking about. When you buy them from ebay, its not just the lens thats clear, the whole unit is clear and so you have your black horizontal molding with a HIDEOUS white plastic insert in it. You should paint the "perimeter" of the white sidemarker flat black... so that it looks like the unit is black with a clear lens instead of a white unit with a clear lens.

JohnC
03-22-2004, 04:00 PM
he does mean the ones in the bumpers. they come with clear reflectors but the plastic trim around the lights themselves are white. so you gotta spraypaint them black so it would match the trim on the bumper better. atleast thats what i think he means, i dont have them because i think they look outta place on a the shiny black trim.

shragon
03-22-2004, 04:48 PM
http://216.82.69.117/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=45&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=3&subcat=45

Elekta
03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
he does mean the ones in the bumpers. they come with clear reflectors but the plastic trim around the lights themselves are white. so you gotta spraypaint them black so it would match the trim on the bumper better. atleast thats what i think he means, i dont have them because i think they look outta place on a the shiny black trim.

^^^^^gets it.

They come with clear reflectors and corresponding fore and aft bulbs (amber in front, red in rear) The clear reflector is encased in white plastic. It's the white plastic that needs to be repainted to match the black rub strip that you install it in..otherwise it will look terrible.

Jon K
03-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Correct...

TETSUO
03-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I get it! thats funny actually because I missed an auction for them the other day on ebay (which really pissed me off because you dont see them too often) and I noticed the plastic was white (or silver) and I asked if they had it in black because I thought it would look horrible. Thanks fellas

TETSUO
03-23-2004, 12:20 PM
sweet Shragon, thanks!