PDA

View Full Version : Need part numbers because of crappy Net Zero internet:

E34 530
04-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey guys, sorry for this thread, but I'm currently at my Grandma's house and she insists on Net Zero internet. No joking, Net Zero literally takes 6 minutes to load the Real Oem page, let alone entering the exact model specifications. It also takes the diagrams about 2 minutes to load for each section. Searching is another task withing itself, so if you guys can just help me out, I'd appreciate it.

1. What is the part number for the 9mm spring pads for an e34 530i?
2. Is there a specific part number for BMW blue coolant, and how many bottles should I buy for a complete coolant flush for an e34 530i?
3. What is the part number for a fan clutch for an e34 530i?
4. Is there apart number for fuses??
5. How much paint do you think I should buy for painting the lower parts of the car body color and what is the paint code for STERLINGSILBER METALLIC?
6. What is the best type of thermostat, oem or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what kind is the best and where can I buy one?

I think that's about it, soory about the length, but I really need these questions because I'm going to the dealer first thing tomorrow.
Thanks so much for your help, Andrew

632 Regal
04-09-2006, 06:19 PM
better off going to the dealer, have him look it up and look over what he brings to the counter. Takes about 2 gals of cool blue. If you taking your car you can compare the other stuff.

E34 530
04-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Alright guys, you can scratch off the questions about the fuses, paint code, spring pads, and coolant, but I'm still not sure how much paint to get for the lower black parts. Anyone have any other suggestions??

SRR2
04-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Sorry about the brief thread hijack, but ... Netzero offers their "high speed" service for the same $10/mo. My mom is stuck with dialup through a PBX (ugh) that never runs above 26.4. Her ISP offers this proxy-based speedup software that I expect is similar to what NZ has. From personal experience with it, I can tell you that the performance is impressive. Even with her crappy dialup speed, most web pages load 3x to 5x faster. She's no computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination, and usually doesn't notice things like page loading speed, but when we got it working and visited some of her favorite web sites, even she said "wow, that's fast". If you knew my mom, you'd realize how dramatic a change would have to be to elicit that kind of reaction.

The way it works is that the ISP's proxy intercepts the request and loads the page at the server where it's composed and heavily compressed. Once done, the compressed file goes over the dialup and pops onto the screen. Actually, it's even more sophisticated than that (it works for email too), but this is close enough for jazz. Point being, you'd do her a huge favor by switching her over to their high-speed option for the same price. I'll warn you that it might be a little tricky to set up depending on her computer. If she has XP and is running in an ordinary user account, she won't be able to do it. It requires admin privileges.

632 Regal
04-10-2006, 06:34 AM
A quart of paint is plenty enough, make sure you get the proper chemicals to mix it, retardents etc also get the clear and them chemicals too. A pint isn't going to be enough and a quart too much but you will have extra and if you dont mix it all it may come in handy for touchup someday.

Alright guys, you can scratch off the questions about the fuses, paint code, spring pads, and coolant, but I'm still not sure how much paint to get for the lower black parts. Anyone have any other suggestions??