PDA

View Full Version : BMWCCA Evo School

bjl4776
04-09-2006, 02:23 PM
So today was my first autocross experience in a car iv had for only three days. It was freakin awesome. Day was almost perfect, it could of helped to be a little warmer, but blue skys. I started off running a 31.5 and finished with a 27.0. Great instruction, i can't wait to more events. The only cars running faster was an elise, a street prepared Z28, and a spec miata, and e36 330ci's. The 330ci's were running 26.8-26.9 and a 97 M3 with dinan **** ran a 26.9. Im not know i could push the car for another half sec or so. The first half of the day was learning how much the car could take. Then i got an instructor with the same car, and he should me some turn in braking tips. Great day.

Jr ///M5
04-09-2006, 03:16 PM
https://home.insightbb.com/~england31/Dscn1314.jpg

Autocross's are great fun, and you can learn some of the limits of your car in a safe manner. Usually the WRXs and the EVO Mitsubishi with 4 wheel drive can flat eat up the course, but my most favorite to watch was a late model 911 4WD that would just dance around the track almost effortlessly. He had the best time, even his girlfriend would drive and do really well. My 318iS didn't do too bad, it would have helped to have a limited slip rear end, especially around the carousel...

A couple years ago, we took my friends E46 M3 convertible to a large autocross and drivers class. There must have been 60 cars there, we were the only BMW....I ended up finishing with a 51, starting with a 57... Man, that M3 would stick and git!!!