PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side Window problem again

Al Gray
04-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the help from my last posts. I put the new window slides in as one of the old one was broken. I replaced both of them. However I still have a problem when I try to lower the window all the way. The window goes down about one third of the way and then it binds up and the window slide that is in the middle of the door pops out. Something else must be wrong is this now a regulator problem? If it is I will buy the part. Can somebody tell me if I am on the right track?

Thanks for your help.

Bill R.
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
out... it takes a lot of force to snap it all the way in

Thanks for the help from my last posts. I put the new window slides in as one of the old one was broken. I replaced both of them. However I still have a problem when I try to lower the window all the way. The window goes down about one third of the way and then it binds up and the window slide that is in the middle of the door pops out. Something else must be wrong is this now a regulator problem? If it is I will buy the part. Can somebody tell me if I am on the right track?

Thanks for your help.

Kalevera
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Ditto, as I wrote in the last thread on the matter, it's important that the ball jointed end be in place, and that the clip be in all the way. Go back and have a look at the pictures I posted.

Best, whit

632 Regal
04-09-2006, 02:14 PM
did you clean all the old sticky grease out and put in new stuff? I used vasoline cause I didnt have any synthetic and the white lithium I felt might dry out. Open it up again and check the little wheel type slider if it popped out too.

Like Bill said its a PITA to get them to pop in all the way, i used vice grips.

Also, if the limiter isnt set to stop the window travel in either direction it can pop the clips off, check that with the panel off after the clips are back together.

sdenman
04-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Where can i find the round slide that goes into the regulator? The guys at the stealership told me i had to buy a new regulator. Is that true or is there an aftermarket one i can get.

Thanks