PDA

View Full Version : New owner and quite impresed

eurodreamz
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
first off all want to say hello to all u guys here.this realy is a good site with plenty of info here to challenge u to try new things. well finaly did it bought a 1990 535i auto and with 224k and change it runs pretty well (miracles of german engeniers) only paid 200$:D for it but does need some work (cracked windshield, fielty iky groose interior has to be cleaned found pop cans exploaded under the seat that expired on 11/18/05:( cd changer wont it only sayz ERR, busted high beem and craked high elopsyod outer lens couple of window seels r gone,windowas wont go up and so on. but i have faith as i see some of u here use them as dayli driving with miles close to it. motor runs good (got her up to 113 at 4.5 rpm or something) trany shifts good. well i bored enogh and looking forward to a lotaaa work and dough to go in it as the body has no rust will post some pics of her when i get my camera working. thanks for hearing me out

Alexlind123
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Did it top out at 113? If so, its not running too well :( . In any case i would have jumped on that in a heartbeat for $200 (are you sure you dont mean 2000?).

Im sure you will find answers to many of your problems on this board, but be prepared to spend lots of $$$$ to fix it up to a decent condition.

angrypancake
04-07-2006, 10:10 AM
welcome, sounds like you have quite the project on your hands. make sure you fill out your info, and it will be nice to see pics, cause then you can just make a rolling documentary of $200 shitbox to badass 535. whats your name?

eurodreamz
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
my names lucian and yes i do mean two hundred dollars ( it was this rich guy who i plow his driveway his two son just both cars and his got no place to put it) when he told me that price i said sure not knowin anything about the car figured id do something with the parts heck stock whels i could sell for more than 200. it didnt top out there but was kind of scared to pushed even more it was pulling good it huged the road like no other but there was a loud clunk noise coming from the front wheel i thinck its the strut or something as it was only noticible when hitin a slight hump. ass the engine it does sound fine beside the guy firing it up without me having a change to ceck fluids a hard metal knock started and he shut it down. went in to sign titles and come back out i check oil level and that dip stick was as dry as humans throat in ca desert.hope it didnt harm anything as i put oil and smoothed oout.

angrypancake
04-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Born in Romania,Europe and mistakenly moved to USA

HAHAHAHA, welcome lucien. and you moved to Ohio from Romania? wow.

eurodreamz
04-07-2006, 11:02 AM
just wondering what do u guys recomend i should check first i wana take it to a delear to check engine and tranny and all but realy dont know what to ask them have a look at and i dont wana " oh it checked out ok " answer after i payd him to look at it and does anybody know of a online cheap parts for the e34( already learned something it has a diff name). the engine has power i was out with it this mornig and off a start i flored it and spun me right about 90 degrees and it wasnt realy wet just wetinsh and dusty. i quess i have to wait and see what u guys and a delear tell me before i start investing in it thanks in advance

CharlesAFerg
04-07-2006, 11:43 AM
HAHAHAHA, welcome lucien. and you moved to Ohio from Romania? wow.

Mistakenly? Well we will soon change your mind about that! Welcome! I'm still workin on my fairly-out-of-shape e34 with a nice engine, so I'm happy about that. I am starting on some interior stuff just as you are. What color is your interior materials and exterior paint?

dacoyote
04-07-2006, 12:53 PM
just wondering what do u guys recomend i should check first i wana take it to a delear to check engine and tranny and all but realy dont know what to ask them have a look at and i dont wana " oh it checked out ok " answer after i payd him to look at it and does anybody know of a online cheap parts for the e34( already learned something it has a diff name). the engine has power i was out with it this mornig and off a start i flored it and spun me right about 90 degrees and it wasnt realy wet just wetinsh and dusty. i quess i have to wait and see what u guys and a delear tell me before i start investing in it thanks in advance

BMA is the best place to get parts....

You wouldn't have happened to work at MRI about 3 years ago?

eurodreamz
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
thank u for the site coyote abd cant say that i did work there. my colors are black out and black inside with the wood dash

Kalevera
04-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Oh boy...Parma. I'm going to Ganley tomorrow. They see an old car and will try to sell you a new one. Check http://www.bimrs.org; there are some good shops on the west side, don't know if any are part of the association.

A $200 rust free E34? I must not be looking hard enough. 113 is dangerous around here, man. Cops with Ka instant on everywhere, especially on 71.

best, whit

NovceGuru
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Man both of you are about 90 miles north of me....few other people on this forum in ohio too. We should have an Ohio bimmerfest :P I came across a 1990 535iM black/black with 182k miles on it for 3k right after I bought my 525. I probably could of got it for 2500 but it was gone in a week. At the time I didn't know what a decent deal it was. Anyway, welcome and good luck!

NovceGuru