PDA

View Full Version : California Parts Source

BlackOnBlack
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a West Coast Parts place comparable to BavAuto. With my poor planning and being as cheap as I am, I hate having to wait for a week to get my parts from BavAuto which is in New Hampshire. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

angrypancake
04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
BMA has great shipping. best bet is to CALL them though. they have gotten parts to australia in record time.

liquidtiger720
04-06-2006, 11:55 PM
www.bmaparts.com

you get the parts overnight if you order by 3pm.

Call and ask for patrick or ives.

They are located in socal.

Evan
04-07-2006, 07:18 AM
BMA is in Ventura and they have a great inventory.

They are not as competitive on price as they used to be but they keep a good inventory and they will get you your parts quickly.

Shop around and use them whenever it's in your interest.

Evan

mike okisbig
04-07-2006, 07:29 AM
FAP99.com has great prices. They are in Michigan, but everything is drop shipped from Worldpac in California. They are cheaper across the board than BMA, but you can't beat Patrick's customer service.

ThoreauHD
04-07-2006, 07:34 AM
They also give you a 5% discount if you are a bmwcca member.

Kristuphir
04-07-2006, 11:46 AM
BMA's in Glendale, actually, and I've yet to find better prices without really doing a lot more work than I want to. And go with the suggestion to CALL them - quick service, way more parts than online, and Patrick seems to know a lot about these cars. And the California Overnight is pretty cool if you can't walk into the store like me...:)

Lennyz525i
04-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Did anyone mention BMA yet? :p

David Shealey
04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a West Coast Parts place comparable to BavAuto. With my poor planning and being as cheap as I am, I hate having to wait for a week to get my parts from BavAuto which is in New Hampshire. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I have been using Autohaus Arizona for the past couple years, keeping a '94 525i and a '01 740iL fed and nourished. Prices are really good, better than any CA source I have found, and FAST delivery. They are in Phoenix, so close to SoCal.

www.autohausaz.com

You can set up your cars there, then when you sign in you can click on any saved car and go direct to ordering parts for it.

In San Diego, we have a good local source, much better prices than the dealers, and they have most needed parts. Inter Auto Parts SD.

www.interautopartssd.com

BlackOnBlack
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks, guys for all the input. I've got a few more things to pick up so I'll give them all a try.