PDA

View Full Version : People like this guy seriously piss me off...

Five35
04-06-2006, 08:12 AM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20562

not only did he email me and tell me they were real wheels, he also has the same set on ebay advertised as replicas.... Makes me mad too because i really want the wheels, if he even has them :(

He's damn lucky I didn't buy them off his description or he would have been lawyered up in a heartbeat

DaCan23
04-06-2006, 08:35 AM
When people get suckered into buying replicas they thought were the genuine thing, after finding out the truth they try to do the same thing to someone else. Cause if they didn't know they hope the same thing can happen when trying to sell em.

Five35
04-06-2006, 08:38 AM
yeah but the guy knew he was buying replicas in the first place before he re-sold them... that's just wrong

ArtemLepilov
04-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Agreed. Good job researching the fact that he knew about the replicas before.

You sohuld be abel to get the wheels from ebay for a better deal. Search ebay.de ;) - Angry was able to find a lot of good stuff there...

-Artem

632 Regal
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
And without big chunks of road rash.

You sohuld be abel to get the wheels from ebay for a better deal. Search ebay.de ;) - Angry was able to find a lot of good stuff there...

-Artem

Five35
04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
after further review, it looks like he's covering lies with lies.. check out the thread in the swap meet now.. He claimed his GF bought the wheels hence the mixup but in his PM to me yesterday he told me he bought them last summer and ran them all summer... Kinda hard to do when you buy them on march 6th of last month ;)

SharkmanBMW
04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
the sleuths of bimmerinfo strike again!
fun to catch people isn't it?!

genphreak
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
the sleuths of bimmerinfo strike again! Fun to catch people isn't it?! OK, so the wankers become tossers and start to rip everyone else off.

Occasionally the dumber ones can get caught out.

Question is, what to do about them... should the sleuths become vigilantes?

Should the tossers be black-listed, let alone prosecuted and punished? That is technically fraud...

Five35
04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
OK, so the wankers become tossers and start to rip everyone else off.

Occasionally the dumber ones can get caught out.

Question is, what to do about them... should the sleuths become vigilantes?

Should the tossers be black-listed, let alone prosecuted and punished? That is technically fraud...

it's most definitely fraud, it just didnt get that far because he was found out.... It's a shame, I almost should have bought the wheels and then went after him but whats the point really? Stuff like that is hard to prove and a hassle to deal with, but liars like this guy just really set me off

632 Regal
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
just post a warning so anyone else will question him before buying stuff, no use banning them cause a search of their name will come up with this thread.

Always buy with either a credit card or US Postal Money orders, you will be covered unfer fraud.

wingman
04-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Reply from toom735???

laguner
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM

-Artem

You mean like saying a rear bumper is perfect, so I drive for an hour to find a scratched up piece of crap! Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house *******!

SharkmanBMW
04-08-2006, 04:17 PM
You mean like saying a rear bumper is perfect, so I drive for an hour to find a scratched up piece of crap! Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house *******!

that too, sounds frustrating... should have gotten pics.
Should have collected some gas money too!

Zeuk in Oz
04-08-2006, 05:02 PM
"Caveat emptor" - let the buyer beware ! ;)

ArtemLepilov
04-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Umm.. Well the bumper was in good condition - the paint was in great condition, it was recently replaced by the BMW either way - the scratches were on the bottom of one side of it. I realized that you didnt like the bumper - but you were PHYSICALLY there, you could have told me you didint want it and I could have refunded your money. You saw what the bumper was and decided to take it because it was better than yours in any case. There were a few scratces on it I know, at this point I really really wish I had taken a few pictures of it just to prove that you are exaggerating. You can post some pics of it yourself and let people judge for themselves. The bumper from bavarian auto recycling costs about $250, from the dealer its $600 and bavauto recycling would not be a lot better than the one you got. Im serious - post the pics of the bumper. I charged you $100 for it. That is it - everyone else is happy with the stuff I sold, you are the only one. Can you please clarify this?

-Sincerely, Artem

CharlesAFerg
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM

Seriously, its an E34, they stopped making it ages ago, tell me something isn't worn out on it...
You should be happy you even found it.
Artem deserves credit for it.

ajt3nc
04-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Not that I would condone setting up a fake account and bidding stupid prices on his highly sought after items but....