PDA

View Full Version : pos 525

winfred
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
spent the last day or so de****ing a 92 525, ac was electrically and hydraulicly dead and he had a knob under the dash to kill power, found many things screwed with the ac power wise, control unit had several pins rotted off on one of the 3 plugs and the plug destroyed, a missing fuse and a blown fuse and a few other goodies. the dash knob kill the battery thingie was compresating for a blown computer that wouldn't shut off the main relay and lotsa shitty melted wiring repared with various chunks of wire and electrical tape, and i still need to completely service the ac and convert it to r134. the odd thing is the car still ran with the wiring and cooked computer, and chuck had allready spent a good part of a day fixing various window problems, what do these people do, save up the problems till the car is utterly useless then spend a couple grand on it, don't they realize it would be cheeper if they don't let this **** fester

Kalevera
04-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Jeeze, and I thought I had it bad with the 750 that had been worked on by someone who'd never heard of an LKM.

And they rewired the ENTIRE thing. Terribly. Tail lights and everything (brake light switch to get around prying VA cops, perhaps?) Lucky for me, I was pulling the engine and tranny, but that's another story.

best, whit

shogun
04-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh yes, these are the best ones. Just bypassing a problem with rewiring, cutting wires, using different colors for wires so that no ones knows what it actually is for, they never heard about required diameter for a wire or fuses (BIG is best, hehe).