PDA

View Full Version : Who has an aftermarket CD changer???

RX7guy
04-04-2006, 12:13 PM
The stock CD changer is kind of old. It doesn't like my CD's and skips over every bump. Who has got a new CD changer and kept the stock head unit? Is that even possible?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but the search function isn't working for me.

Tiger
04-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Get it rebuilt or put in a new head unit with cd-changer. Second choice is much better.

rjvital
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
The stock CD changer is kind of old. It doesn't like my CD's and skips over every bump. Who has got a new CD changer and kept the stock head unit? Is that even possible?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but the search function isn't working for me.

I put in a Pioneer 6 disc changer a few years ago and kept my BMW head unit. My amp is in the trunk, drivers side, behind the liner panel. I had to find the correct wires etc. and run the Pioneer cables to the amp. You can use some crimp clips to attatch the wires easily. The Pioneer sends the audio over FM frequencies that you can select. I ran the wired remote through some openings in the trunk deck and under the rear seat, under the center console and up onto my shifter area. Most of the wire is hidden but some is visible. Works great and no skipping or interference from other radio frequencies. My BMW CD changer cable is just hanging around looking for something to do....so is the wired cell phone cable.....:D

RJV
1992 525iA,