PDA

View Full Version : Today She's Gone

Matt P
04-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I watched (my former) M5 Touring drive away from my house earlier today. It's new owner was finally able to pick it up (He had been out of country for almost 2 months on business).

I'm not sure what I felt watching it drive away.

To those who emailed me about the head unit and CD changer from the 535i -- I'll get back to you in a couple hours. The Stereo upgrade was delayed until just 2 days ago -- I was out of town for more than a week prior to that.

Dang. I need to edit my sig.

Paul in NZ
04-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I hope the 535 and 540 can fill the void.Keep us informed about the upgrade you are doing.....I am looking at a head unit (ipod or similar compatible) and some new speakers for the footwell,i think one has gone.With the hifi system i am quite happy with the sound quality,esp as i have a loudish exhaust,i have other music to listen too!

misfortune
04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I watched (my former) M5 Touring drive away from my house earlier today. It's new owner was finally able to pick it up (He had been out of country for almost 2 months on business).

I'm not sure what I felt watching it drive away.

To those who emailed me about the head unit and CD changer from the 535i -- I'll get back to you in a couple hours. The Stereo upgrade was delayed until just 2 days ago -- I was out of town for more than a week prior to that.

Dang. I need to edit my sig.
Hey nice car man, but its clear you sold it for a reason. Not sure I understand whats going on in this post. You spent lots of money importing a rare car only to sell it a little while later.

What happened?

Paul in NZ
04-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Maybe its not up tome but why does Matt have to explain?.....Its his car!

Matt P
04-02-2006, 05:53 AM
It was just sharing something that many here have probably felt in one form or another when selling their cars: I guess I'm saying that despite being sure about what I was doing leading up to it, at the actual moment of sale I found myself with a flash of second guessing myself.

That, and saying "Ooops, sorry for not getting back to people about the stereo stuff earlier".

Matt P
04-02-2006, 05:55 AM
If time and kids permit, I'll post something on the Empeg stereo upgrade. It is so strange to actually have a good sounding setup again. :)

Jr ///M5
04-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Hmmm, April 1st.....hmmm, Matt sells his gorgeous M5t.....

I'm sorry to hear about it, Matt. That was quite a unique piece of art. But you will probably return to the lure of the M5, there's something about the love/hate relationship that keeps digging in your conscience. Owning an M5 is something everyone should experience at least once in their life, and you experienced one of the most rare indeed.

Jr