PDA

View Full Version : assistance on removing lower steering cover/finding a ign wire for stereo shutoff...

ryan roopnarine
03-21-2004, 02:41 PM
hello all, trying to actually put my cd changer into the car, instead of leaving wires running across the floor...i'd like to hook the yellow wire to the ignition so my changer turns off with ignition, but still lets me extricate magazine...right now, i sometimes leave the changer on overnight because i don't look at it when getting out of the car...i have the laptop here with the etk, but i don't have the tis so i can't run it...can anybody tell me how to geth the ignition lower cover off...or how to find a switched power wire elsewhere? TIA.

Anton CH.
03-21-2004, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mess with the ignition. If you are putting the changer in the back you can probably tap into amplifier turn-on wire (turns on only when the key is in run position). The amp is right in the trunk anyway.

P.S. The best way to run power wires(not speaker) from front to back is on the passenger side. The carpet comes right off and you can neatly hide all the messy wires.

ryan roopnarine
03-21-2004, 10:42 PM
vampire tapping the purple wire behind the deck... the trunk amp wouldn't work well because it is a modulator changer and i stowed the modulator behind the pass speaker (as the cable runs neatly up that side). only time will tell if i blow fuses or not.