PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler for sale - Anodized black, all aluminum!

Jon K
04-01-2006, 05:43 PM
This is FI specific so I figured I'd put it here. I have a front mount intercooler anodized black for sale. The dimensions are ~25" core, with 2" end tanks on either end... so total length is ~29" end tank to end tank, then additional length for the inlet flanges. It is 6" tall, 2.5" deep, and has 2.5" inlet and outlet. It is a quality intercooler all aluminum, anodized black. It is BRAND NEW never installed - I was going to hack my bumper up to fit it, but decided to go another route...

so its total end tank to end tank is ~29" long x 6" tall x 2.5" deep, with 2.5" ins and outs.

Item is brand new and comes with all bracket hardware. Asking $200 and shipping.

Thanks guys!!

http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/1.jpg

Booster
04-01-2006, 06:00 PM
This is FI specific so I figured I'd put it here. I have a front mount intercooler anodized black for sale. The dimensions are ~25" core, with 2" end tanks on either end... so total length is ~29" end tank to end tank, then additional length for the inlet flanges. It is 6" tall, 2.5" deep, and has 2.5" inlet and outlet. It is a quality intercooler all aluminum, anodized black. It is BRAND NEW never installed - I was going to hack my bumper up to fit it, but decided to go another route...

so its total end tank to end tank is ~29" long x 6" tall x 2.5" deep, with 2.5" ins and outs.

Item is brand new and comes with all bracket hardware. Asking $200 and shipping.

Thanks guys!!

http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/1.jpg

Hmmm.......I might be a solid canidate Jon, Can you email me a more clear image please ? For some reason this one is dark,prob my computer.
My Email is (vinceinatorz@hotmail.com)
Thanks.........Vincent :)

Jon K
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
vince I will post more pics of it on here... let me go take some more.

632 Regal
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
this is an intercooler right?
ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos/Dyno/852r33.mpeg

Jon K
04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/2.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/3.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/4.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Intercooler/5.jpg

those aren't scratches, the thing is mint... its just glare from the fins and stuff, you can see in other pictures those white areas are not there... just took real quick pics

Booster
04-01-2006, 06:18 PM
this is an intercooler right?
ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos/Dyno/852r33.mpeg

THAT....Jeff, is about a 700bhp Skyline R33 awd GT-R !( the very same drivetrain and AWD thats going into my Datsun 240-Z !)
Seriously though.....yes. That silver radiator looking thing in front is indeed an IC.;)
Vincent

Jon K
04-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Booster - what do you think

Also, it is anodized black, not painted. This lends to better cooling as you may or may not know.

Kalevera
04-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Jon, isn't this the custom one that was made for the car? Very nice -- I'd buy it if it didn't have the same problem that you're having with it :(

best, whit

Jon K
04-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Not custom made - i am switching to a different design since I removed AC

Booster
04-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Booster - what do you think

Also, it is anodized black, not painted. This lends to better cooling as you may or may not know.

Its hard to tell in the pix, but.......is that one made with "tube and Fin" ?As opposed to "bar and plate" ?
I was planning on cutting down one of my larger B&P versions and welding it back up .But that smaller version in B&P in blk. would possibly work for my app. since I have a Reiger style nose cone/bumper cover.
Whats the word with your old Aux fan too ???

BTW: not real sure if I'm of the camp that fully believes that exterior black color draws more heat out. Heat is attracted to movement of draw/expended energy.. Reflected light heat( such as the sun) does indeed draw into a darker surface topically,this is true.
However...IC heat is internal and dark and is drawn into the motion of draw/escape/expended energy via fins and surface area.
I believe you could color the IC PINK or WHITE or BLUE and it wouldn't change the charge temps 1 degree as long as the surface areas weren't altered.
The inside of the IC's usually remain raw aluminum silver anyway.Which is why the huge diesle IC's I have in the shop that are black.....they are coated in a heavy wrinkle finish to increase they're exterior area,albeit they are black in color.....its more a fact of economics of the cost of blk over say....another more expensive per gallon color.As well as to simply give corrosion resistance to the high miler exposures of the highways.
Just my observasion.......back to what we were talking about since I digressed,sorry.;)
Vincent

Jon K
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Its hard to tell in the pix, but.......is that one made with "tube and Fin" ?As opposed to "bar and plate" ?
I was planning on cutting down one of my larger B&P versions and welding it back up .But that smaller version in B&P in blk. would possibly work for my app. since I have a Reiger style nose cone/bumper cover.
Whats the word with your old Aux fan too ???

BTW: not real sure if I'm of the camp that fully believes that exterior black color draws more heat out. Heat is attracted to movement of draw/expended energy.. Reflected light heat( such as the sun) does indeed draw into a darker surface topically,this is true.
However...IC heat is internal and dark and is drawn into the motion of draw/escape/expended energy via fins and surface area.
I believe you could color the IC PINK or WHITE or BLUE and it wouldn't change the charge temps 1 degree as long as the surface areas weren't altered.
The inside of the IC's usually remain raw aluminum silver anyway.Which is why the huge diesle IC's I have in the shop that are black.....they are coated in a heavy wrinkle finish to increase they're exterior area,albeit they are black in color.....its more a fact of economics of the cost of blk over say....another more expensive per gallon color.As well as to simply give corrosion resistance to the high miler exposures of the highways.
Just my observasion.......back to what we were talking about since I digressed,sorry.;)
Vincent

Hehe Booster you're looking into it waaaay too far. The only reason people get black anodized front mount intercoolers is because they're black... and in a bumper, a black intercooler does not stand out as much :) Sleeper. It has nothing to do with heat transfer- the reason I said it is good for heat transfer is because some people paint their intercooler black, which makes a layer of non thermal conducting material whereas andozing is a aluminum oxide chemically bonded to the aluminum core. The unit is "tube and fin" you could call it. The advantage of tube and fin is that there is less pressure drop when copmared to bar and plate.

What of the aux fan? I removed it from the car because I am deleting AC to put a big boy intercooler behind the kidney grills :) More of a square than a rectangle. I have the aux fan out of the car because the condenser is gone too :) If you have the rieger E39 M5 style bumper cover it would work great and fill that area without being ridiculously obvious (silver intercoolers do that). Let me know - I need to move it so I can buy the other sized one.

Booster
04-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Sure ,I got your meaning there.I've Annodized all of my aluminum brake componets,etc.....so not my first Rodeo there either.I've got a "tube and fin" air to water IC in my Syclone AWD truck and a "bar and plate" 4"thick x 29"x18" in my turbo 240-Z,so I do grasp their differences well. I was simply asking if that one was which ?I wanted another B&P so I'll pass,unfortunatly.
I asked about the Aux fan in case you were tossing it in lieu of space constrants.
Your correct about the stealth look of a blk. IC.......I certainly agree there.
Sorry about the long statement earlier,wasn't needed.:p
The CF ductwork I plan on fabbing later on , should provide me to use a IC of choice,perhaps angled downward abit to facilitate space constraints along with the Reiger Bumper cover.

Now on with the " Hey Jon has a great Black Anodized IC for grabs" thread !:D