PDA

View Full Version : I will not answer any more.......

shogun
03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
if there are incomplete profiles, like " E34" and that is all, , no year, no month of production, no info on engine and you know what is required to answer CORRECT and in DETAIL.
Even the month and year of production is absolutely required to answer in detail to most of the questions.
Is there EML, ABS, mileage etc etc.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-31-2006, 08:24 PM
there's alot of guys who ask for vague help, but no details, imagine these guys at the parts shop.

winfred
03-31-2006, 09:22 PM
sounds like my customers, "i need a part for my mercedes" what flavor of mercedes? "mercedes benz" uhhhh... what year model? "86" what model? "benz" (veins popping out in forhead now) dude in 1986 there was about a dozen ****ing models! go look at the back of the car and tell me the number, foot steps and a door squeak..............door squeek and foot steps "300" ahhhhhhhhhh 300e 300d 300sdl 300sel 300te 300td

i've forgen how many times i've had this exact conversation and had to tell them to go look at the back of the damn car and tell me the numbers (a couple times in some cases) even want to develope a low opinion of the public? sell stuff

Turbo Ready
03-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Winfred, you should sell BMW parts only :p less model numbers than Benz :D

On the other hand I have seen some BMW turds who may come back with their license plate numbers if you sent him at the back of the car to get the numbers.

I have heard a guys reply to the car's model as "2 door"

liquidtiger720
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Shogun. Please advise me as to what other info is needed - in sig.

winfred
03-31-2006, 09:54 PM
got a buddy that worked at a mitsubishi dealer parts counter and one day after telling the douchebag to go look at the back of the car because he said it's a mitsubishi when asked what model, said douche comes back and said "it's a levis mitsubishi", which was the name on the dealer sticker on the trunk

On the other hand I have seen some BMW turds who may come back with their license plate numbers if you sent him at the back of the car to get the numbers.

I have heard a guys reply to the car's model as "2 door"

Russell
03-31-2006, 10:10 PM
this is why I include important data in my sig,.

misfortune
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
this is why I include important data in my sig,.

I turned sigs off. It takes up a lot of space on the page. :( Page loads faster, minus the images of everyone's car. If its that special, make a pic post. O/W no sigs for me

shogun
04-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Maybe the registration form has to be changed. People not willing to give info cannot register. Just that simple.

For example the German E34 Forum has a form where one even has to fill in the engine type more in detail. One can click it or if not known, they will revert you to info on their page to find out;
Example:

Technische Daten Diesel-Sechszylindermotoren M21 und M51

Modell 524td 525td 525tds
Kennzeichnung M21D24 M51D25 M51D25

Technische Daten Vierzylindermotor M40 und M43

Modell 518i 518i
M40B18 M43B18

Technische Daten Sechszylindermotoren M20, M30, M50 und S38

Modell 520i 525i 520i 525i 530i 535i M5 3.6 M5 3.8
M20B20 M20B25 M50B20 M50B25 M30B30 M30B35 S38B36 S38B38

*=Vanos-Modell

Technische Daten V8-Motor M60

Modell 530i 540i
M60B30 M60B40

Rob
04-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Good advice, Shogun. I will put it in my signature now. :)

wingman
04-01-2006, 03:19 AM
sounds like my customers, "i need a part for my mercedes" what flavor of mercedes? "mercedes benz" uhhhh... what year model? "86" what model? "benz" (veins popping out in forhead now) dude in 1986 there was about a dozen ****ing models! go look at the back of the car and tell me the number, foot steps and a door squeak..............door squeek and foot steps "300" ahhhhhhhhhh 300e 300d 300sdl 300sel 300te 300td

i've forgen how many times i've had this exact conversation and had to tell them to go look at the back of the damn car and tell me the numbers (a couple times in some cases) even want to develope a low opinion of the public? sell stuff

Capacity? 2 in the front, 3 in the back...

Evan
04-01-2006, 10:43 AM
age, rank, serial number, and some xanax

calmloki
04-01-2006, 11:04 AM

What kind of BMW? Car.
What kind of BMW? Red.
Back in the day we used to ask the customer to hold the car up to the phone so we could diagnose it. Waste of time and money solving problems for some people over the phone. Got so you could just tell who wanted you to do their diagnostics for free and you wouldn't see them spend a nickle in your shop. Kinda like being able to spot sales calls.

Javier
04-01-2006, 11:43 AM
You will always have the power to decide if you get in to help or Oleee!!!!

There will always be guys in this forum that hardly differentiate a screwdriver from an open wrench, as both of them are to loose/tight threaded sticks. These kind of guys do not understand too much on engines, models, ASC, ABS, EML, GM, RM, DME, tds, M30, M50, .... Must of them are looking for clues to prevent their mechanics to rape them.

I just answer depending on mood, available time, and willing to ask questions to narrow down the issue.

Javier

Capacity? 2 in the front, 3 in the back...

Evan
04-01-2006, 12:09 PM
let's all pitch in and buy Shogun a massage with happy ending

Scott H
04-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I've always been offended by people who want to come on here and get loads of great info to save them money but cannot disclose their information (e-mail at a minimum) on the profile page. To that I say, **** You!

There are people on here who are great resources and they offer up their free time to help people who need answers. They offer their personal e-mail addresses, location, etc. to countless strange individuals.

Unless you are in the witness protection program, are a public figure, or are filthy rich and need to maintain a high level of privacy, what is there to hide?

I challenge all fearful pussies to come out of the woodwork and disclose, at a minimum, your e-mail address.

if there are incomplete profiles, like " E34" and that is all, , no year, no month of production, no info on engine and you know what is required to answer CORRECT and in DETAIL.
Even the month and year of production is absolutely required to answer in detail to most of the questions.
Is there EML, ABS, mileage etc etc.

Martin in Bellevue
04-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, screw you guys!
Let's go over to bimmerboard & help the 3 roadfly outcasts who populate that desert. :)

Jr ///M5
04-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah, screw you guys!
Let's go over to bimmerboard & help the 3 roadfly outcasts who populate that desert. :)

Martin, it won't do any good, they'll follow...;)

Evan
04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Scott, I'm buying you a massage with happy ending... coordinate with Shogun

shogun
04-01-2006, 05:00 PM
YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
Have you ever tried to solve someones problems? That is not jut a coment.
Maybe because my English is not good enough.
I get a lot of emails (privatetly) per day in addition to these questions, sometimes very demanding or better to say mostly(?). I have to look sometimes for hours in the wiring diagrams, that is not that funny as some people think here. BUT, if in problem, they ask and demand.
Do not make a joke out of this, it is serious. Probably I will take the way Javier does it.
Quote:
I just answer depending on mood, available time, and willing to ask questions to narrow down the issue.

Javier

632 Regal
04-01-2006, 05:08 PM
I made a sticky a while back that said to search, fill in profile of year/model and location. It was wiped off the face of the earth along with the mods. Now we are all seeing how much a couple stickies can help.

I would answer their basic stupid no info threads with a link to the stickies, they would then come back ready to participate. And if not...piss off.

I did my job once...

winfred
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
i've been doing that for a while with all of the newbies lately, it's almost like work

Javier

Turbo Ready
04-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Another practice I try to encourage, is for guys who got answers to their problems to post their results. By doing this, there is a complete thread, starting with a problem and being finished with a solution.

This will reduce the amount of repetitive questions being asked by members, by doing a search and finding practical and effective answers.

I always try to follow up and report my results be it sucsessful or not.

Paul in NZ
04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
I reckon we should also post our location if it isnt apparent any other way :p,or identify the market our car was made for.The other day we had a guy from Norway with a German market car......

mattyb
04-02-2006, 05:19 AM
shogun , i have always valued your advice and your hard work and commitment. You have been kind enough to help me when needed and advise on parts whenrequired. dont let the few that piss you off get in the way of what has always seemed to be a very valued contribution to this site. I agree with you that folks should put more information on their sigs to be a part of this, but perhaps make it a rule that iof those who want help cant be bothered to give this information then dont help them.

Javier
04-02-2006, 07:59 AM
though I'm sure he won't let us down. Has shown a deep commitment to help others in this forum, and to share tons of info with all of us. He just can quit helping!!! I feel in big debt with him, and regret not to speak German to tune and make better use of his help.

Also would like he can get rid of that frustrating feeling you get, when someone ask for help and don't even tell what car is he talking about.

Javier

Zeuk in Oz
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I must echo the last few posters Shogun, and thank you sincerely for all your assistance - both directly and indirectly.

I must admit that the worst form of bad manners, IMHO, is when people who ask for help don't thank those who helped them and give information as to how whatever it was went.

shogun
04-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Another example of quality in asking
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=149662#post149662

Paul in NZ
04-03-2006, 04:46 AM
at least he said sorry!

Espen
06-20-2006, 12:26 AM
I reckon we should also post our location if it isnt apparent any other way :p,or identify the market our car was made for.The other day we had a guy from Norway with a German market car......

That was me i guess, as far as i know the e34 was not any different when sold in germany or in Norway. Anyways, im gonna make myself a good signature now.

Morgenster
06-20-2006, 03:59 AM
That was me i guess, as far as i know the e34 was not any different when sold in germany or in Norway. Anyways, im gonna make myself a good signature now.

dito

shogun
06-20-2006, 04:28 AM
That is right, maybe no big differences between Germany and Norway, but there are for example different T-stats installed.Even already between Germany and Austria, as the Austrian cars were in former times allowed to have ONE rear fog light only. And the Japanese version, the US version (for example allows stomp test), Australian version.
The LKM's are different, the cable looms in front and rear are different (for example the US version has no rear fog lights).
Just check it out, use the realoem and use the same model and year and then compare US and European version.
You will find a lot of differences. The LKM has for example less relays and the pin spaces are different occupied or empty.
I have compared an LKM-L in EU version with one LKM-L-J (Japan) version, you will be surprised how many differences there are. One relay less for example.
Differentials are different depending on countries, even tiny Switzerland had a special differential/final drive for their mountain country.
Example:
FOR VEHICLES WITH
NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN
L807A=YES
02 BRAKE DISC

FOR VEHICLES WITH
NATIONAL VERSION GERMANY
S199A=NO
14 DISTURBED AIR VALVE SET (that is required by German TUEV)

FOR VEHICLES WITH
SAUDI ARABIA VERSION

Ever seen that on a US car?:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GC82&mospid=47354&btnr=52_0480&hg=52&fg=30

I could go on, if you really want to help and go into detail, then it is really important that people inform as much as possible, such as if the car has fly-by-wire system in case of the M30B35 engine or bowden cable, because that means with or without EML.

31Hertz
06-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Thank you Shogun... I now have production date in my profile. I know from doing my own research how long it does take. On that note; I would find it extememly hard to research if it weren't for folks like yourself who have done their homework and pondered the possibilities and posted their findings here. Some folks are looking for the easy way. They are also trying to become informed before they go to the mechanic. It really would be beneficial if all threads were concluded with the solutions if one is ever found. It comes down to respect; this is a personality trait that many many folks do not posess. I would personally like to thank every member of this board with a hearty handshake, but I must type it instead. Thank you all!!!

shogun
08-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Due to an increase of the same problem in recent days, I would like to ask everybody to fill out the necessary details in their profile.

Thank you all ;-)