PDA

View Full Version : E34: parked ventilation question

Jobi
03-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I've read the topic on the website about how to upgrade an E34 to a parked ventilation equiped car.

Doesn't seem that hard and I'm tempted to proceed to the upgrade.

But I have one fundamental question: what's the point?

It seems that the parked ventilation option allows to program when you want the ventilation to come on, while the car is locked and engine turned off. Ok,but once again: what's the point? How can only switching the ventilation on can create heat in the cabin (winter) or pulse cold air (summer)??

I'm sure I have missed the point somewhere (obviously). So can someone tell me what does the park ventilation does exactly? Does it fire the engine to have heated or cold air?

Thx,

Jobi

shogun
03-30-2006, 08:53 AM
If you park you car in summer in strong sunlight the cabin will heat up. We have around 40 degree Celsius in summer here in Japan and one cannot touch the steering wheel because it is so hot. The ventilation is to blow out this hot air and feed outside air at ambient temperature.

Jobi
03-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Ok, so no chance to get cold air (colder than ambient temp) in summer or warm air (hotter than ambient temp) in winter thanks to the parked ventilation system?

If so I won't spend a single minute wiring this upgrade: I live in France and the climate is neither stone cold nor death valley hot.