PDA

View Full Version : difficultly starting. please help.

bluex5
03-28-2006, 03:40 AM
I am having difficulty starting my 92 535i. I need to step on the accellerator to get it to start. Some times the check engine light comes on and I get nothing when I step on the gas. I need to give the acceration a push and it goes away. Most of the time I experience this when I starts the car. I just replace the spark plug, the wires, the distributor cap and rotor. any suggestions? I might check the fuel pump and the fuel filter next. any suggestion? thanks in advance.

nariusb
03-28-2006, 07:37 AM
I am having difficulty starting my 92 535i. I need to step on the accellerator to get it to start. Some times the check engine light comes on and I get nothing when I step on the gas. I need to give the acceration a push and it goes away. Most of the time I experience this when I starts the car. I just replace the spark plug, the wires, the distributor cap and rotor. any suggestions? I might check the fuel pump and the fuel filter next. any suggestion? thanks in advance.

Your Crank/rpm possition sensor, coolant temp. sensor, MAF sensor should be checked out according the Bentleys. If any of these are bad the car have problem starting

Alpinewhite
03-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Check the fuel filter too. A clogged one can give wierd problems.

Arun

sKilled
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
And the fuel pum - it has a back flow valve thingy that can fail on older pumps and therefore the fuel drains out of the lines back into the tank over time. That may be also a contributing factor. I would suggest you follow nariusb's suggestions and also check the fuel pump.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
clean it with some throttle body cleaner.

Do you smell gas once the car has finally started?