PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time towed in 3 days!!!

Montreal525
03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Damn it!!! I guess it wasn't the thermostat after all. Changed it this afternoon with a new one from the dealer. All went well... Followed the Bentley's bleeding procedure but to no avail... Went for a test drive and it went slowly but surely to the redline...

Bro-in-Law came with his tow truck and took it back to his garage. He'll flush it all and vacuum it before refilling (could be and air pocket) and he'll do a pressure test for the head gasket. God I hope it's not the head gasket....... :(

Sorry about the rant but I am a little mad. I've taken extra care of this car for the last 3 years and all was good but in the last month, it seems everything is turning to crap on it (tranny, muffler, etc).... I don't mind replacing/upgrading parts as time goes by but I just think it sucks when it happens all at the same time...

Jeff

mamilapon
03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I really sympathize with you. Is your viscous fan ok? Check for oil in radiator or water in oil. Try to swap temp sender with a known good one.Do a compressio check and compare the values.I hope its just a malfunctioning cooling system.