PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Rotor Runout

632 Regal
03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
what is the acceptable rotor runout? I checked my front rotors and one is about .001 and the other has about a 5 inch high spot .002.

Slow and cold speed you cant tell but when hot and braking I get a shimmy to the max at anyspeed like from 100 - 30 mph.

New front end parts and bushings, everythings new (ish) and tight.

I ran the lugs tight on the rotors so thats not an issue and its clean betwen the rotors and hub.

Are my new Brembo rotors fubared?

Bill R.
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
maximum allowed checked out near the outer diameter of the rotor. I'd say your well within the limits for runout, I take the rotors off and look for hot spots and measure thickness at a number of points around it to see ifyou have any big variations in thickness.

what is the acceptable rotor runout? I checked my front rotors and one is about .001 and the other has about a 5 inch high spot .002.

Slow and cold speed you cant tell but when hot and braking I get a shimmy to the max at anyspeed like from 100 - 30 mph.

New front end parts and bushings, everythings new (ish) and tight.

I ran the lugs tight on the rotors so thats not an issue and its clean betwen the rotors and hub.

Are my new Brembo rotors fubared?

632 Regal
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
im sure somethings up with the high spot, you cant really cut these so should I be shopping for a new set?

Qube
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey! Use a different delimiter :) You're confusing me. I use that to distinguish my posts at a glance without using Subscribed Threads lol! :p

632 Regal
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Hahaha...I like it tho.

Hey! Use a different delimiter :) You're confusing me. I use that to distinguish my posts at a glance without using Subscribed Threads lol! :p