PDA

View Full Version : sunroof glitch

Kulasstar
03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
my 525's sunroof wont close all the way. it makes it right up the were the front fits in but the back does move up to fit into place and when closing it kinda slows down when it nears the front. i think there is something caught in the rails. has anyone encountered this problem or have an idea to rix it?

Robin-535im
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
my 525's sunroof wont close all the way. it makes it right up the were the front fits in but the back does move up to fit into place and when closing it kinda slows down when it nears the front. i think there is something caught in the rails. has anyone encountered this problem or have an idea to rix it?
I fixed something similar last night on my 535.

In my case there was a little bit of plastic stuck under the front of the runner on the side that wouldn't close. I had to open it in tilt mode, look at it from outside and use needle nose pliers to pluck out the offending piece of plastic.

If you can open it all the way back into the roof, look for any grit or such that may be obstructing it. Bruno's site probably has info on how to pull the sunroof, which you may have to do in order to see what's keeping it from closing.

HTH

Robin

JMI
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I fixed something similar last night on my 535.

In my case there was a little bit of plastic stuck under the front of the runner on the side that wouldn't close. I had to open it in tilt mode, look at it from outside and use needle nose pliers to pluck out the offending piece of plastic.

What do you mean by tilt mode?

TIA

Qube
03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
What do you mean by tilt mode?

TIA

Tilt mode... where you hold the middle of the button and the back tilts upward like... <

Kulasstar
03-28-2006, 01:22 PM
thanks for the advice robin. i think im going to have to pull the sunroof beacause it wont close so i cant go to tilt postion