PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Locks

GoldenOne
03-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey guys, thinking about purchasing these from real oem
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD53&mospid=47404&btnr=36_0311&hg=36&fg=25

Are these worth getting? Im just concerned with the safety of my wheels, wouldnt it be easy for someone who knows what their doing do obtain the 20 code adaptors and be able to unthread the bolt? Just from a pessimistic view.

Any aftermarket wheel locks that you guys have used and are satisfied with?

liquidtiger720
03-27-2006, 03:57 PM
afiak...the oem bmw locks all have the same key, if not...then I got two sets that have the same key- how random.

My view on wheel locks: They are a deterrent, moreso than protectant. If its a pro, and they really want your wheel, they are going to get it. The wheel locks deter all the rookies, and makes them think twice about trying it.

SharkmanBMW
03-27-2006, 04:14 PM
are your wheels OEM???

if so then lock em up, if not, wait til they get stolen, then make an insurance claim and replace them with OEM!!

seriously... some locks are better than others, search for the best ones, they should NEVER have the same key, close, but not the same.
Some are much harder to get off without the key, but with proper tools, it will only slow them down!

liquidtiger720
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
are your wheels OEM???

if so then lock em up, if not, wait til they get stolen, then make an insurance claim and replace them with OEM!!

seriously... some locks are better than others, search for the best ones, they should NEVER have the same key, close, but not the same.
Some are much harder to get off without the key, but with proper tools, it will only slow them down!

show my one brand that dosn't have repeat keys...eventually.

even the $50 a set RAD brand locks only have about 100 variations.

Qube
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I ordered an OEM set of BMA. Consider ordering and using two sets ;)

sKilled
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Wheel locks, an alarm with wheel sensors...every little bit helps. Even if it won't stop a pro, it is a deterrent and your insurance will love you for it. They are not a guarantee, but then nothing is. Get them and rest just a little bit more easy.

GoldenOne
03-28-2006, 01:34 AM
thanks guys, and yes there OEM M3 wheels...nice and authentic ;)

liquidtiger720
03-28-2006, 01:43 AM
are you running spacers?